'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know the price of the 620 full wrap handle bar and where I can buy one I've been searching online struck out. Thanks dave

BGE541, Big Block, CoreyB, thank you for posting so much vital information on this thread. Definitely wish I would of bought a 620p after reading your inputs. Any how after purchasing my bar adapter for my 590 I hit the local Stihl dealer in search for a bar/chain. He asked " Why didn't you just buy a Stihl"?... I replied that the Echo line looked like a good deal at a lower price. He looked at me and and mumbled under his breath, " They're good saws"... Lol anyways, I walked out with a 25" Rollomatic ES and a full chisel loop. He said I could not get a semi chisel for that bar. I would really love your expertise opinion on this set up before I mount everything on. I'm thinking it might be a little under powered currently. Should I step back down to a 20" bar? I've removed the inner deflector off the muffler and plan to open it up more when I get a chance.

I am always amazed that a 20 inch bar is not enough for a 60cc saw! I can cut without a second thought wood up to 25 from one side with a 20 inch bar and trees up to 35inch. But then again big bar syndrom must be a way to compensate for something else...

;)

BGE541, Big Block, CoreyB, thank you for posting so much vital information on this thread. Definitely wish I would of bought a 620p after reading your inputs. Any how after purchasing my bar adapter for my 590 I hit the local Stihl dealer in search for a bar/chain. He asked " Why didn't you just buy a Stihl"?... I replied that the Echo line looked like a good deal at a lower price. He looked at me and and mumbled under his breath, " They're good saws"... Lol anyways, I walked out with a 25" Rollomatic ES and a full chisel loop. He said I could not get a semi chisel for that bar. I would really love your expertise opinion on this set up before I mount everything on. I'm thinking it might be a little under powered currently. Should I step back down to a 20" bar? I've removed the inner deflector off the muffler and plan to open it up more when I get a chance.

Of course you can put semi chisel on there, just a question of the correct number of drive links, and matching pitch and gauge.

A 20" bar is very effective. However a 24/25" bar is nice if you want a bit of reach for limbing and as long as it oils well enough you will be fine just might be a touch slower in some situations and bog a little easier. You can always latter add a 20" for a reasonable price. It doesn't need to be a stihl bar just stihl mount. @fordf150 has total bars at a good price and you could even go cheaper with a Forrester or Bailey's woodland pro. 60cc is pretty versatile saws and having two or more bar lengths come in handy. Especially if you pinch your bar you can take remove the power head put on your second bar and free it. Thankfully that is easily done with the inboard clutch. With some saws you have to remove the stupid outboard clutch to do that. (Poke poke)

Thank you CoreyB, I appreciate the info. As to 7sleeper, I don't understand why your response was so negative? I was actually looking for a 22" bar the day I went into the dealer, for a little extra reach. On hand all he had were 20" 25" .063, and 25" .050 on hand and no RM semi chisel chain, just RS3 full chisel and skip. If I had big bar "syndrome" I would of hurried and mounted the bar and chain. Instead I've been trying to research if made an error in my purchase before proceeding. Was just looking for some good reliable information. Thank you for the 10 year old response though.

Thank you CoreyB, I appreciate the info. As to 7sleeper, I don't understand why your response was so negative? I was actually looking for a 22" bar the day I went into the dealer, for a little extra reach. On hand all he had were 20" 25" .063, and 25" .050 on hand and no RM semi chisel chain, just RS3 full chisel and skip. If I had big bar "syndrome" I would of hurried and mounted the bar and chain. Instead I've been trying to research if made an error in my purchase before proceeding. Was just looking for some good reliable information. Thank you for the 10 year old response though.

I'm 99% certain that 7sleeper wasn't taking a shot at you; his comments seem to fall into the 'generally speaking' category.

I am always amazed that a 20 inch bar is not enough for a 60cc saw! I can cut without a second thought wood up to 25 from one side with a 20 inch bar and trees up to 35inch. But then again big bar syndrom must be a way to compensate for something else...

;)

Some psychologists have interesting things to say about men wanting large and powerful "tools."

-------------------------------------

I'd give house room to a 360T.

Which has nothing to do with phallic symbolism :laugh:.

Back