162 piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi, folks! Happy New Year (almost)! I've an old Husqvarna 162 that needs a piston. The cylinder cleaned up nicely, but I think reusing the piston would eat up the bore pretty quickly. Baileys wants $90 for a new one, so I thought I'd see if anyone had a respectable used one. Anyone?

Oh, looking for a decent used 394 for milling purposes too. I can tolerate little issues as long as the saw has some good life left. Thanks, gang!

I'm not sure who quoted you that price but, I show that it is $70.16. The number does change from a 501 53 66 02 to 503 51 74 01.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the response, Grand Dog!! Does that include tax? If it was one of my primary saws I wouldn't think twice. The big issue is that it may be a junk saw........it does seem to be complete and has a nice spark, but I have never had the saw running and it's possible it has other issues (case leaks, oiler, carb, etc.). I bought it for peanuts as a project saw... so the thing can sit there 'till the opportunity arises. When I bought, it seemed like the used piston would be easy to find. No so! It s either too old or they did not not make that many of 'em!

If it sits much longer, I re-ring it and see what happens!

I think gb makes a replacement piston that will work too, quite a bit cheaper, I think the 61 husky is the same.

Thanks again, fellas. I'm of the understanding that a 61 piston will work provided you use a 61 jug to match the porting. Those 61 parts are pretty "long in the tooth" too. The "630" advice is stellar. I'll now keep my eyes open for the 630 piston also!

Back