16in Bar on a MS192 t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnityArborist

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of putting a 16in bar on my ms192. Has anyone out there put the two together. Does it still perform, or is it more pron to bogging down?

No problem.

Since this is my 1 thousandth post I figure I'll use it to disagree with mickey...There's no way I'd run a 16 inch bar on that saw. I refuse to run anything bigger than 14 inches on my 200's and am considering putting a twelver on at least one of them for even faster cutting. I have one of my 361's set up with a 16 inch bar and that's about perfect. If you need a 16 inch bar, you need a bigger saw.

192t is better suited with a 12". 14" is ok. These saws are good for pruning. for cutting anything bigger than 8" wood you are strugglin with the 192t. You want to cut 16" wood get a 200t

I have been thinking of putting a 16in bar on my ms192. Has anyone out there put the two together. Does it still perform, or is it more pron to bogging down?

I have a 192 which I really like but I can't imagine running a 16" bar. I think it might be to much. What I did do is change the bar and chain from a Pico micro narrow to a pico micro and it has more bite. If you need a bar that big you should look at a bigger saw. If you don't want to spend the big cash for a 200t look at the jred 2139t comparable power 39cc with 2.3hp at 1/2 the price. I have only stihls so I can not comment on the jred it's just an option.:greenchainsaw:

Well, one of my guys runs a 16 on his and it seems to do OK to me. He always has me order that for him.

Since this is my 1 thousandth post I figure I'll use it to disagree with mickey...There's no way I'd run a 16 inch bar on that saw. I refuse to run anything bigger than 14 inches on my 200's and am considering putting a twelver on at least one of them for even faster cutting. I have one of my 361's set up with a 16 inch bar and that's about perfect. If you need a 16 inch bar, you need a bigger saw.

Sometimes you say things that are real smart and sometimes you make me wonder.

Sometimes you say things that are real smart and sometimes you make me wonder.

absolutely nothing to wonder about here mckee.

16 too much for that saw. unless you dont mind hanging around and waiting for a cut to finish.

absolutely nothing to wonder about here mckee.

16 too much for that saw. unless you dont mind hanging around and waiting for a cut to finish.

The guy is only 5' 3" maybe he wants the reach on small stuff. I will print this thread out and show him what a dumb bastard he is in the morning.

My 192 has a 12, came with a 14 and I'd say it was a little annoying for the snag factor combined with why you would want to cut wood that big with a 192. A 16 I would say would be even more of a nuisance both on power and a use that the saw was not intended for.

16" bar = 346 or 26 please.

I have 3 192T's. One is bone stock, got it from a fella in need of money. Had a 16 on it....which is WAY too much bar. I had my first one woods ported. It's at least 35% faster than stock, and still isn't suited for a 16".....My 3rd one has the muffler opened, which makes it nice and peppy. Best with that dinky .043 chain...which is rather lame, but has less drag than normal picco.

I tried to show David, an employee of mine, this thread where he could see the error of his ways by running a 16 inch bar on his 192T. He tells me this saw seems to have a little more power than some 192's. I tell him the guys on ArboristSite think your bar is too long. I can't repeat his response here but he is not interested in this wonderful forum.

I tried to show David, an employee of mine, this thread where he could see the error of his ways by running a 16 inch bar on his 192T. He tells me this saw seems to have a little more power than some 192's. I tell him the guys on ArboristSite think your bar is too long. I can't repeat his response here but he is not interested in this wonderful forum.

He may have the limited production model with the nitrous kit installed. Honestly what climber worth his salt doesn't think his saw runs a little better than most. If he wants a 16" have at it. Me I feel no need to compensate with a longer bar I feel secure with my 12" I'm just sayin.:clap:

Last edited:

Run what you brung.

I think you posted some pictures once. Best I remember you are not pretty enough to start huggin on. Maybe a pat on the back.

C'mon, boss. How can you deny THIS guy a hug?

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back