16in Bar on a MS192 t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one's definitely more adorable though.

attachment.php

No I like short bars and sharp chain. 16" is to much for 192 maybe ok on 200but I would step up to the 260 pro much better action. Myself @ 5'7" 160 I dont find reach much of an issue I just climb out on the dern lims.
Love the 192 for pruning what is a woods:greenchainsaw:port?

I have a 192 with a 16" bar since that is how it came from the dealer. I use it mostly on softwood takedowns where I have found that is has the power to pull it if you are careful. It lets me cut an extra couple of chunks before I have to switch out for something bigger. Lately I've been going from the 192 to my 034 or 361, skipping the 026; just seems that the effort and time to swap is not worth the half a dozen cuts before I have to switch again.

On the 192 with 16" I run Stihl PMMC3 chain.

Mr. HE:cool:

I run a 192 with a 14" bar. I wouldn't want to go bigger. I use it mostly for trimming and some smaller removals. My 200T also has a 14" bar. I don't like too much bar on my saw. If I need bigger then out comes the 460 with the 20" bar.

-Matt

I say no to a 16 on that saw. Its only a 30cc engine. I run a 14 inch with 50 guage chain yellow box and that is just right for it. 12 inch would be great as well. I wounder sometime how stihl comes uo with their bar sizes. Like my buddy who runs a 20 on his MS260 and barries the bar in wood and over heats the clutch to the piont of slipping. Me on my 260 i stop at 18

Never tried it, but if it's got your approval I'll definitely try it soon. :cheers:

For doing trim and deadwood it is great. On removals I will just get the medium saw out after 14 or so inch wood, it is just faster.

The small bar does not get caught up on stuff as much when I have the saw on my hip crawling through a canopy.

About-Saw-Chain-What-Is-Chain-Pitch-.jpg

I have heard of a few guys running micro pitch, but I hate sharpening those tiny little cutters on power poles.

Latest posts

Back