18-20in chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbertreetom

Reaction score
Hello all-
I need some advice. We are currently running only 12in chippers and with rising fuel cost im going to be adding a larger chipper to cut down on haul away cost in the grapple truck and for ease of disposal of chips. Here is my dilema we currently only have vermeer 2-1250 and one bc1000. However after watching a bunch of videos and demo's it appears that most other chippers in the 20in class outperform vermeer. Im actaully leaning towards either the rayco RC20 or the Dynamic Conehead 515. anyone have any personal feedback on these large chippers? gotta love sales guys everyone makes the best one on the market.

Thanks Tom

I got a buddy that loves Woodsman, I loooked at them and they got some good things about them, like the frame rails going all the way under the infeed. I know what you mean about the salesmen though lol, that rayco guys got a good pitch with the pulsing downpressure, I wonder how those chippers do? They just started making them not too long ago. Carlton is another. I'm hearing some new school guys that have come back to the disk chippers-guys that get to play with everything (they even got a rubber tracked Bandit 007, I think its a 14") still liking the disk better. Just some thoughts.

I have a 1890 bandit. For those who don't know it is a drum chipper. It is a 2001 year model. JUNK JUNK JUNK! I did have a 280 xp bandit HD and it was a disk. You can't compare a disk to a drum but the 280 was a night and day comparison. To make this short, Brush Bandit does not have a few of the patents on the drum chipper design so they just didn't (and as much as I can tell), don't have the best technology. I would never buy a Brush Bandit drum chipper. First, logs get caught in the infeed area (opening is wider than blade area) also, the blades don't over lap on the drum face so as the drum turns there are areas on the face that NEVER have a blade to chip the wood, a sorry design. I have posted this a few times but it is just as true.

We have a 18" ray co at work and a 20" rayco, the 18 hauls arse. The 20 is a towable stand alone unit that has hydraulic legs, when feed by our excavator it chips a cubic meter a minute

Woodsman was purchased by Terex and they're no longer in the arborist industry. This just happened in the last couple of months. I have a 2012 Morbark M18R powered by a Cummins 225hp engine that has 1,075 hours. This has been a one owner chipper and it has been very well taken care of. I'm asking $55,000 however, I would accept $53,000.

Thanks!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Woodsman was purchased by Terex and they're no longer in the arborist industry. This just happened in the last couple of months. I have a 2012 Morbark M18R powered by a Cummins 225hp engine that has 1,075 hours. This has been a one owner chipper and it has been very well taken care of. I'm asking $55,000 however, I would accept $53,000.

Thanks!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

All we use is Morbark,, Garvey is our man,,,
Jeff

Latest posts

Back