192t or 200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeW?rx

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have 2 192t's. 1 12" and 1 16". I love every second of them. I use them when climbing and working from the bucket. I can take down the majority of any tree with them. I see a lot of guys talking about the 200t. The only differences I saw were a weight gain and a small gain in power. In my very un qualified opinion, I thought the power gain wasnt enough to make the price gain worth while. So what do you all think? Is it that much better?

A little bit of power? Use a 200, then come back and tell us if you think it's just a little bit of power. 192's aren't worth the plastic they're made out of and they don't seem to hold enough gas either.

The 192 is a decent saw, but the 200 is a great saw. For the extra money, you get less weight, and more horsepower, but i think the 200 has more torque, seems to pull the chain better without bogging down as much. I run a 16" on my 200, and rarely have an issue.

If you can find someone willing to let you use thier 200 (under thier supervision, I am sure... people generally dont lend out saws, especially a 200) try it out, I'm sure you'll find you love it, especially if your already sold on the 192.

T

I like the 192's but the 200 has more power which you soon can feel the difference when dealing with bigger or harder wood. As mentioned the 192 has a little gas tank that can get a little annoying. However, I like the lite little 192 and at the local store, I think they are about $200 dollars cheaper then the 200, although I could be wrong on that.

I have an 020 & 192.....the 192 doesnt compare to that saw which has many miles under its belt, I will be getting a 200 beginning of next season.

it may cost a bit moe............but you wont regret it!

LXT..........

What?..

No love for the 338XPT :confused:

C'mon fellas, sound off HusQ fans.

Less noise & smoke, less fuel consumtion, better ergos.

Ever get a 200T stuck in a crotch or a hollow?

I'd rather climb without an anchor anyday, but if I must, its a 338 or a 346XP.

Where I work they have a chainsaw grave yard. Its full of those little echos top handle saws, a few husky 338's, some really old johnsons and polins(sp?). We all use the 200t. The best. What about those tanakas? Are they any good?

What about those tanakas? Are they any good?

dont know how they run but the weight and the balance sucks... I would rather use the Echo balance is good and runs consistent with 192, just doesnt hold up well... Hence the reason you guys have a closet full of them.

the way i see it is that the 192 is lighter to climb with but as for the 200, the couple extra pounds they weigh is made up in power. they are overall way better. the 192 is ok for just pruning smaller limbs but they bog down easily when cutting anything that takes up half of the 14 inch bar where the 200 can cut the whole bars length and more and not have a problem at all with it. ive used the husky's, jonsereds, and the 192. i came across the 200t and would never go back to neither. get a 200 and keep the 192 as a backup saw. thats about all their worth.

I think the engines are different in them. The 192 uses reed valves 200 doesnt. My dealer says there is a big difference inside of them. Guess it would be like comparing a 290 to a 361. Similar yet different.:cheers:

I'm still convinced my old magnesium cased 020T has more raw power than a new ms200T. Granted it's not as well balanced or as light and dependable as a 200 is, but in terms of power from a stock climb saw, I think the old 020 delivers a wee bit more, perhaps only because it seems to rev higher.

Real big dudes with real big hands hate the ms200T because of it's highly limited top handle gripping area.

I like the ms200 except for the fuel cap design and kill button location.

jomoco

200t

Used Echo starting out years ago. The slower rpm may be ok for a newbie. Used 200t for last 7 years. The 192 my brother had did not last a year. I still have and use my firt '02 model 200T. Tough saw survived a couple drops.

I think the engines are different in them. The 192 uses reed valves 200 doesnt. My dealer says there is a big difference inside of them. Guess it would be like comparing a 290 to a 361. Similar yet different.:cheers:

The 192T is piston ported.

Stock, they're gutless. I have one. But I have two others, one was woods ported by Ed Heard. It is close to a 200T in smallish wood, say 6 inches. The other is just muffler modded, which gives it a nice power gain, about 20% quicker cut times over the stocker. A 15 minute mod that anyone with a dremel can do. Just might need to pull the limiter caps in order to retune the saw to keep it in the right rpm zone...

No love for the 338XPT :confused:

C'mon fellas, sound off HusQ fans.

Less noise & smoke, less fuel consumtion, better ergos.

Ever get a 200T stuck in a crotch or a hollow?

I'd rather climb without an anchor anyday, but if I must, its a 338 or a 346XP.

My 335 Cali with a ported muffler is fast. My Jonsy2139T, same mod, will eat any 200T alive...as long as the 200T is stock, save for the muffler screen being removed.
I prefer them to the 200T, especially now that all the old problems have been eliminated.

i have the 192 and the 200.

i use the 192at least 80%.i adjusted my carb and it runs great.sometimes i want the 200 when i want to make a fast cut or big chunks but the 192 holds it own.

excelent video comparisons... the tape never lies... Apples to apples would mean porting the exhaust on the 200. and the 192... Seems like the red saw is only faster because it is ported... Just rana ported 200 for the first time last week... NIGHT AND DAY... I run the 192 with a thin chain and 14" bar... one thing I lie about it is it is quiter than the 200... might not be so quiet once it gets ported too...

Yeah, after seeing that vid, I am thinking long and hard about porting my 200. I admittedly know very little about porting and it's effects on the saw. Do you run the risk of blowing the saw up if it is ported too aggressively...?

I understand that by increasing air flow, you increase HP and torque... that's the idea behind porting, correct?

Yeah, after seeing that vid, I am thinking long and hard about porting my 200. I admittedly know very little about porting and it's effects on the saw. Do you run the risk of blowing the saw up if it is ported too aggressively...?

I understand that by increasing air flow, you increase HP and torque... that's the idea behind porting, correct?

In a nutshell yes.
A combustion engine can be thought of as an air pump.
The more airflow you can get thru it ,the more power.

Last edited:
Back