1932 International "A-2" dump truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool - would love to see it restored - but make sure you get those rear tires balanced!

Balanced? I'd replace those old things.

Let me know if you need tires for it, dawsie. I know a guy in the tire business, he could probably get them for you at warehouse price. Problem would be getting them to you in NY.

All the tires where flat when I pulled it out. I was able to air up all the tires right there and they all hold air !! One tire was so wore out the cords where coming out. Found the exact brand/size tire on a junk heap at my friends place who restores old cars/trucks.

When I pulled it out I was really expecting the motor to be seized, it wasn't. Took a few hours of cleaning things up and new plugs, wires and gas and it ran !!

For now I just want to make it road worthy. A frame off resto is going to be $40K plus that I don't have.

All the tires where flat when I pulled it out. I was able to air up all the tires right there and they all hold air !! One tire was so wore out the cords where coming out. Found the exact brand/size tire on a junk heap at my friends place who restores old cars/trucks.

When I pulled it out I was really expecting the motor to be seized, it wasn't. Took a few hours of cleaning things up and new plugs, wires and gas and it ran !!

For now I just want to make it road worthy. A frame off resto is going to be $40K plus that I don't have.

Just kidding about balancing the tires. Heck, a gallon of paint and brush may be all you need. I did a '49 Ford dumper that way and it looked fine. Love to see more photos.

Very cool. I really like your pictures, cool to see an old classic come out from hiding. How long it been in the shed? Keep taking pictures and posting your progress, this should be an interesting thread.

History of ownership;
My Uncle Bill bought this truck new. Ran it for maybe 7 years working on the New York City aqueduct. The last plate on it is 1935, I'm guessing it was good for maybe 4 years? Truck shows 86000 miles on odometer.

He then sold/gave it to my Uncle Louie who stayed to work the family farm. All of us kids always remember this truck on the farm somewhere, my cousin is 70+.

In the late 70's I got it running so my Uncles could use it on the farm, which they never did. We have lost all our elders now. My cousin-in-law who owns the farm has allowed the farm to go in disrepair.

Just recently I was allowed to get the farm equipment that I wanted. That's how I ended up with the truck and a 8-N tractor.

This pic shows the old kerosene filled road flares inside the rusted box. So cool, I will get them working. Hope D.O.T. approves them LOL

Road flares... sir, if you want a better looking set of kerosene flares, let me know. I picked up a real clean set, with the box, and the little red flags you put in the cap for daytime use. Didn't cost me much, pm me if interested. I'll let them go for a very slight mark up since it would be going to a real good use. Just one of the same flares on fleabay, without the flag and two others, and without the box, is listed for about 50 bucks. You'll get the whole set for less than that if you want it.

Here's the road flares this truck will be getting...

attachment.php

I think they're going right where they should... to that old cornbinder.

As for the one bent flag on the right, I straightened that out. Got it that way, looks like someone tried to pry on something with it at some point.

Todays work was to install wooden plank on top of unsafe running boards and replace wooden floor in cab. The lumber came from inside one of the buildings at the "homestead". Huge pine trees blew down back in the early 50's at a local college and my Uncle's had the job of cleaning them up. They had a saw mill here at the farm. There must be 1000 board feet of lumber inside the old "chicken coop".

Last edited:
6:00 X 20

All my current tires hold air. I do need tires that aren't dry rotted like all of mine are.

That 1350 H.P. kitty cat motor weighs more than the max GVW of my truck lol

I'll stick with my 27 H.P. liquid cooled four cylinder eight valve up draft intake with my Hi-performance K&N filter !!

I checked. I have 7 - 6.50 x 20 new tires. Stored in a dark warehouse and stored flat. Also had one 6.50 x 16 mounted.

First $ 700. Takes all 7. Storage negotiable. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back