1963 Mccullogh Model 380 Bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My Grandfather gave me his old Mac 380 today, his old farm saw. I told him that I would rebuild/restore it, and add it to my slowly growing collection saws. It badly needs a new bar, I'm having a bit of trouble finding one. The saw has a 24" bar on it, I'm sure it will pull something a bit larger? Anyway, I havn't found anything of anysize for the saw. Can anyone help?

Oh, yeah...the saw has been sitting for atleast 10 years, he said maybe even 15. After a few small shots of carb cleaner, some new gas, and about 10 pulls on the starter rope...it started - No Lie! - This saw looks and runs great for having sat for a decade or more.

To the best of my knowledge, no company manufactures bars to fit the old big McCulloch mount. I read some months ago on this forum that one member says a big mount Homelite bar can be made to fit with slight modification. You may want to try doing a search here on that. Otherwise, post a wanted ad in the trading post or look on e-bay. Yes, the saw will easily handle a bigger bar. The 380A I am finishing will have about a 36" bar.

Back