1970 Cheverolet C-60 Chipper Truck Dump Body with side winder chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. I have seen some old Asplundh trucks go pretty damn cheap here lately in that 1994 to 1996 year range. I would not give $10K for that old 14 year old 366 gas engine truck. I like your thinking though, because I have some old junk I am about to sell.

I know a guy that bought that same truck form trueco, just painted white. 20 grand. I was sort of disgusted sinse I dont have that money to throw around...I would have bought an international. dont even get me started on the useless man cab thing. Of course I have an "old asplundh truck" too so I probably shouldnt talk...mine's pretty cool though - at least I think so.

I looked at another truck that guy was selling. It was dumping flatbed with a knuckleboom loader. I would say his equipment is well used and PA. winters take their effect on those older trucks. I would keep looking if I were you. Since you are coming here and asking other guys what they think, that must mean maybe you have some doubts about the equipment? Keep looking.

Yes, definitely had some doubts on the truck esp being 30 years old and could't find any info on the chipper. Apparently, it's a small chuck n duck - 4 inch which runs on the tranny PTO.
After all the great feedback (thanks guys) looks like a 1 ton dump is the way to go. I found almost a dozen on CR in my price range. I'm pretty handy with a wrench so something that needs some TLC will work. Preferring 4x4 and diesel if I can get find one in my price range.

Yes, definitely had some doubts on the truck esp being 30 years old and could't find any info on the chipper. Apparently, it's a small chuck n duck - 4 inch which runs on the tranny PTO.
After all the great feedback (thanks guys) looks like a 1 ton dump is the way to go. I found almost a dozen on CR in my price range. I'm pretty handy with a wrench so something that needs some TLC will work. Preferring 4x4 and diesel if I can get find one in my price range.

I thought I remembered something about that sort of truck/chipper all in one combo existing. Anyone know anything more about these? I'm picturing throwing a brick on the gas peddal and really ripping it up, lol.

Good choice on the one ton.

I know the guy who has that asplundh chip truck its been for sale for the last year and a half for 4000 so it must have some major issues. The trucks off the roosevelt blvd at philly mulch, everytime i go there i always think to my self this trucks still here.You gotta think the larger trucks are alot mor money to run the registration would be 700 a year and inspection twice a year , just for 4 new back tires is a grand . the older trucks are nothing but money pits , plus its hard to get parts any more for a 1970 truck evryone scrapped all the old iron. I agree with everyone else a f350 is perfect

Last edited:
Old SM gets real stirred up if you question him much about one of his units or try to Jew him down.

I lost some hairs dealing with them and one of thier "ready to go to work", "reconditioned" trucks. Some people use these terms more loosely than others as it turns out.

Overall the truck has worked out well though...just gotta have a new cage built sinse luke never told me a tree got dropped on it and its all flopping in the breeeze, so that I have to give supplemental support with my arm out the window going down bumpy roads. Other things too, but thats an old story. I have become more seasoned on account of that deal deal. Live and learn I guess.

I lost some hairs dealing with them and one of thier "ready to go to work", "reconditioned" trucks. Some people use these terms more loosely than others as it turns out.

Overall the truck has worked out well though...just gotta have a new cage built sinse luke never told me a tree got dropped on it and its all flopping in the breeeze, so that I have to give supplemental support with my arm out the window going down bumpy roads. Other things too, but thats an old story. I have become more seasoned on account of that deal deal. Live and learn I guess.

He had a little short wheelbase 4x4 bucket I was sorta interested in once. My cousin had actually bought a couple trucks from him at the time. Anyway, I told him he and I were going to micro analyze the word "reconditioned" on the phone here for a minute, and boy, he didn't like that at all.

Thats probably the same style truck I bought, 4x4, short wheelbase GMC with an lr III rear mount. They just took off the giant tires and put on all terrain ones. Its been a good truck generally. I wanted something that I wouldnt mind putting money into, a good foundation.

Micro analyze, thats pretty good.

Back