1970 Woodchuck chipper 330 V8 timing dwell manuals?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PM Baker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
[url]http://www.wantaddigest.com/proofs/01_114454_486059.jpg[/url][img]

I'm working on a Woodchuck chipper (it has the Woodchuck plaque) like in the attached picture, it's got a Ford 330 V8 with a Hoof 533F belt drive governor. It has a 2 barrel Bendix Stromberg WW carb # C7JZ-L 13314A. I have not been able to find the Woodchuck model no. nor the Ford plaque, or Ford engine serial number. By the Ford part numbers on the intake manifold, distributor, and bell housing, Funk clutch, and that I've been told that Woodchuck started in 1969, I think this is a 1969 or 1970 machine and engine. Above is a picture of an identical machine I pulled from online

Can anyone tell me the dwell , timing, point gap, and any other information, like Ford Industrial engine manuals ect?

Last edited:
Here's the picture:

01_114454_486059.jpg

I finally found the engine plaque, and the engine is a Ford Industrial Model C4PD-6003-C, it's a 330 HD engine. Online search says the C4PD was made in 1964 to 1970.

Anyone know where I can get a service manual for this engine?

Stromberg WW C7TX-L 13314A, 2 barrel carb on Ford V8 330HD C4PD Engine

View attachment 228093
I rebuilt the carburetor and didn't find any parts breakdown that matched my carb (mine is simpler than all the one's I found online). With the part number I was able to order the parts and with the parts came the attached drawing, which is exactly like mine except for parts 7,8,9, 10 which mine does not have (and the drawing says they apply to "some models")

Back