1977 Asplaudh whisper wood chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just asking:

Could you load it from either side at any time, or did you rotate the feed?

What advantage would it be to be ambidextrous? I can see needed to park and load off the curb (in the US of course) or parking as you will in a large yard. I can't see the advantage of loading from both sides.

Can you?

I smoked alot of weed back then and I might be wrong, curbside for sure, but maybe back then, a little hazy,Haha,
Jeff

I remember Promark had a chipper just like that. It was called a C10 I think. Hook up like a trailor and could feed from either side. 10 yard rear dump. Dang, that would of been around 1990 or '89?
Jeff

Asplundh had a bucket with passenger side chipper. It had problems filling up! I would think rear chip with side dump would work!

Asplundh had a bucket with passenger side chipper. It had problems filling up! I would think rear chip with side dump would work!

I remember that one. Back in the mid 80's I was subbed to a crew had one. We were doing palm's and it clogged all day long and rarely shot to the rear. They (Asplundh) soon figured out it was the design of the chute and the sharp angle turn it made from the side of the truck to the end of the chute. Those guy's were climbing in there and pushing and moving debris to the rear.
Jeff

I remember that one. Back in the mid 80's I was subbed to a crew had one. We were doing palm's and it clogged all day long and rarely shot to the rear. They (Asplundh) soon figured out it was the design of the chute and the sharp angle turn it made from the side of the truck to the end of the chute. Those guy's were climbing in there and pushing and moving debris to the rear.
Jeff

Yeah big flop lol:cheers:

If you go to youtube and search AATCO8 you'll see your chipper truck combo.

My plan is actually to mount the chipper on a trailer, that has a dump on the rear of the trailer, so as to not need to be unhooked to unload. The chipper would be mounted loading from the passenger side.

With a diesel engine. Possibly.

There was someone who posted on here a while ago, who lived in Northern Manitoba, who built a trailer that had the chipper in the front, a side tipping box mid trailer and a flat area on the rear that held his mini loader and stump grinder.

There is a picture somewhere on this site.

Back