1st customer!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnf0929

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The last few years have been busy and I haven't had much time to cut and split much of my own let alone have any extra to sell. I've been gradually finding more time to get up in the woods and now have a little extra inventory. Just for the heck of it put an ad on craigslist and got a call today. Starting out slow and small with just face cords as my delivery truck is a Toyota Tacoma. Here's picture of my operation.

Nice stack. 10x that and you can build a reputation for nice seasoned wood.

Is the gnome for target practice?

I don't know about 10x but now that the kids are both in school production will definitely pick up. I have another 5 cords around the corner and closer to the house for personal use. My mother buys the kids bizzare lawn ornaments...looks like that thing from Travelocity but my son calls it Santa and would be devastated if I blasted it.

There's a small firewood operation that I stopped and talked to, he has two customers that buy 7 cords each, the remainder of regulars purchase face cords.

Just for our needs I have to keep 16 cords at the ready, 8 for the current winter, and 8 for the next winter, anything after that can be for sale.

That's why I was figuring 10x of the gnome stack.

I hear ya about the kids heading off to school, one started K5, and the other starts next year, so I have to figure that into any wood activity. They each have their own wheelbarrows and wagons, and help out as long as it stays fun somehow.

Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Back