2 cords done 8 to go-one tree!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, can't beat that. One winters worth of wood out of one tree! Looks like alot of work though. :cheers:

Okay, folks, here's the long-awaited picture. That's a big tree! Getting that thing off the stump is going to be interesting! :dizzy:

attachment.php

attachment.php

that things huge, lets see the rest of it!

The better way is with a cord that connects them. Worth the 20 bucks or so.

I asked and verizon won't let me do that...d/l-ing from phone to comp.

So that's what cotton wood look like there HUH! Here they're a tall single trunk almost like ash but leaves like poplar...they get big though.

Last edited:

So that's what cotton wood look like there HUH! Here they're a tall single trunk almost like ash but leaves like poplar...they get big though.

No micro SD card on your phone? that's how I transfer normally. Tho I can email them right tho photobucket.

Furthermore, I'm sure there is software (free) and a cable (cheap ) that you can do it with anyway.

I do it all the time on my Verizon phone. I think they misunderstood you. They probably thought you were asking about something called "tethering". They don't like that, but downloading photos? Should be no problem.

Here is a few pics of a big cotton wood we took down. It was a little over 8ft at base. Probably around 11 or so at the widest point. The saw in the pic a ms880 with 42in bar. It looks tiny

Last edited:
Here is a cotton wood stump from one I took down. It was only hollow 6ft up. For size reference I'm 6'1' and 230. Let the fat joke begin:biggrinbounce2:

I am getting itchy to get back at this one, but my buddy calls tonight.... "hey I found us another one" ugh...... He said that it is about the same size. Just need to go and get the landowners permission and we are in. Man, I think I need an 880!! I rip all of the wood right there on site to leave the mess there. With these big ol girls it is just as fast and easier to just rip it into noodles, rather than trying to split them. Ugh I guess I know what I will be doing for a while.

what is different about the 066 vs my 660?? I think I need more power! Oh and a longer bar!!

Got the first 2 of about 10+ that will come out of one big ol blown down cottonwood. Just got the gravey small dry out of it today. We will start the rest of the project as soon as it cools off a bit. The trunk of this beast is right at 8' dbh, she was a big one!!

Wow! I've never seen a tree that big in person. How old was the old girl?

I think tht it is about 125ish, no real way to tell as there is some damage to the trunk down low from a long ago lightning strike. I have done others that were about this size that we know were 107 years. I have to go clear out some of the last one in the am, so I can put this one in its place.

Here is a few pics of a big cotton wood we took down. It was a little over 8ft at base. Probably around 11 or so at the widest point. The saw in the pic a ms880 with 42in bar. It looks tiny

im not saying your lying but unless you guys are 8 foot tall that base is only about 6ft maybe 7 on the side your standing.

If it is typical, they are not round, quite oblong, maybe it was laying on the long side? Looks like the ones that we work on though!!

Latest posts

Back