• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell (2) McCulloch 640 gear drives

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Here is a pair of McCulloch 640 gear drives. They have say awhile and as you can see one sat on concrete and got magnesium cancer. I do not have any history on them but I will assure you they could tell a tale if they could speak.. The short story. They both turn over with compression, one needs a coil, recoil spring, bolts for the fan shroud and I am sure some other things. The other looks better but has serious magnesium rot as pictured. You truly need to use the two to build a good saw. One has the bow bar guide yet behind the gear but I am keeping that. You can easily swap some parts and build a darn good saw while having lots of parts left over. I think $300 for the pair plus real shipping is fair

Latest posts

Back