• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 2 ms200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsman0490

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have 2 200t that I got late in the fall. They needed a few parts, but with winter coming, I got them with the idea of having them up and running when spring came. We ended up working till mid Jan and started again in mid February, so time ran too short.

Saw 1 had 150psi when I tested it, but when I tested it, seemed like it had an air leak. So I put new seals in. When I put it back together, the linkage in the handle must not be completely correct because the choke on the carb doesn't move when you try to with your thumb on the handle. So this saw will need that corrected and may still have an air leak of the seals were not the issue.

Saw 2 has no clutch, so I got a new one and everything that goes with it. Saw had 145 psi and ran great. I used it for the spring whole saw 1 sat on the work bench waiting it's time. Just the other day, this saw wouldn't start. Pulls the same way, seems like it is a wire or something simple.

I am not a Stihl guy, I use them just for the climbing saws. I don't have the time to play with these right now, too much work. Going to pick up a new 201 on Monday, would like to pass these saws on to someone who can dial them in.

I phone camera not working; going to try to use the wife's phone and then post pics.

I was looking for $600 for the pair

Here is saw 1. 150psi. I can try to get into the handle and make sure the choke linkage is connected.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Saw 2, I just double checked the wiring and spark plug wire, and of course now it runs. I have used this saw for the last few months and it has always ran well, looks like the compression is 120, so maybe it needs a ring.
Chain brake handle on saw 2 is broken on starter side; but still functional.

I would still take $600 for both pho plus the ride

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
Yeah; saw 2 is fine. Been using it along with my 201t since the original post. Would still sell them both though and pick up a new 201

Back