• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 20' shipping container.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfin

Fish & Chips!!!
Reaction score
Probably a long shot but I figured I'll try. We are building our house and until I get my shop built I need one of these. Only need a twenty but I'll look at any.

I'm in central Pa so getting it hauled is obviously a factor. Thanks for reading.

hey john,
a couple of years ago a budy of mine got one, he's right over the mountain from me..
i forget what he paid, but i do remember it was cheap (in my eye's), they even delivered it..
i can call em if you like ??

Not sure what the rules are for posting links but there are several websites selling these from $1000 and up. From 20' to 45'. Good luck.

Check rental companies. We pay usually $80/mo. w/ $250 delivery/pick-up fee.

You may need to look down in Philly near the docks. There are many folks who sell these, they only weight about 4 tons and can be hauled on a rollback or Landoll trailer.

hey john,
a couple of years ago a budy of mine got one, he's right over the mountain from me..
i forget what he paid, but i do remember it was cheap (in my eye's), they even delivered it..
i can call em if you like ??
That would be great Chuck. Thank you.

There is a local company that rehabs these and sells them. But at 3500 for a 20' I'll try to find another. I did find a 40' for sale but he is not sure his guy wants to deliever this far.

[QUOthe Guido Salvage, post: 5013331, member: 49315"]You may need to look down in Philly near the docks. There are many folks who sell these, they only weight about 4 tons and can be hauled on a rollback or Landoll trailer.[/QUOTE]
The one 20' I looked at today had a tar of 2100 lbs so yes a rollback is feasible as long as its got an 8' deck width.

That would be great Chuck. Thank you.
just talked to em... he don't remember the name of the place, but told me where it's at..
from harrisburg, take 83 south to yocumtown exit, bear to right, go back over 83..
turn left on old york road, go past new wallmart and look for the place on left (it's less than 1/2 mile from exit off of 83)
he said they got thousands of em..
his is 24' or so, said it was 2 thou. delivered, he said it was almost 10 years ago......time flies..

I checked the pods website.a 16'×8'×8' storage container Is $169 month rent + $90 delivery.but 16' is as big as they come I think.

I checked the pods website.a 16'×8'×8' storage container Is $169 month rent + $90 delivery.but 16' is as big as they come I think.

Big difference between a POD and a shipping container. The containers are made of steel and are fairly theft resistant, the PODS are typically thin plywood covered with plastic for weather resistance.

Is this a delievery offer?

No, it is in Virginia and not exactly fuel efficient...

Big difference between a POD and a shipping container. The containers are made of steel and are fairly theft resistant, the PODS are typically thin plywood covered with plastic for weather resistance.

No, it is in Virginia and not exactly fuel efficient...
Oh ok.didnt know.havent even seen one.just seen them advertised lately.just assumed they were metal.

so how many saws can you haul back to your hoard in one trip on that thing :)
DDave

Probably a lot, the problem would be securing them to keep them from sliding all over. That rollback has a bit of history, hauled both Hillary Clinton's Cadillac and Bill Clinton's Mustang.

Shipping containers come in 10', 20', 40' and 53' and are 8' wide.
I've never seen any other sizes.
There is a "high cube" which is a foot taller and gives an inside space of about 9'.
The container dimensions are outside diameter so subtract about 5" to get inside space on both length and width. (the door opening is a bit smaller yet.
Other options are doors at both ends, and open top. (allows cargo to be lowered in with a crane and then they have a tarp type top.)

Many containers are sold as "wind and water tight" which means they are no longer seaworthy but good for storage. The ones crossing the ocean need the occasional survey just like a vessel.

I've purchased a number of 40' containers in the last several years and paid from $3500 for a used one to about $5000 for a new one. (also known as a one tripper as they're made in China). One that's not seaworthy will be less.

The 40' containers aren't much more expensive than the 20' containers and many places can deliver them. A 40' container weighs between 8000 and 9000 lbs.

Latest posts

Back