• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 20' shipping container.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should add that they can be moved around a site by rolling them on logs or fence posts and pushing or pulling them with a truck or tractor.

Probably a lot, the problem would be securing them to keep them from sliding all over. That rollback has a bit of history, hauled both Hillary Clinton's Cadillac and Bill Clinton's Mustang.
Probably a lot, the problem would be securing them to keep them from sliding all over. That rollback has a bit of history, hauled both Hillary Clinton's Cadillac and Bill Clinton's Mustang.
ratchet straps - problem solved :)

Thanks Steve. I will give them a call. I'm still waiting to hear back on the 40'. The guy is below Somerset so freight would probably be about the same. My buddy has a 28' goose neck so that may also be an option if they have means to load it.

$2500 seems high, when I was looking for one in Virginia 5-6 years ago the 20" were going for $1200-$1400 and the 40" from $1600-$1800. I realize steel prices have gone up, but that price seems high. It might be cheaper to have one hauled from Philly or Wilmington.

$2500 seems high, when I was looking for one in Virginia 5-6 years ago the 20" were going for $1200-$1400 and the 40" from $1600-$1800. I realize steel prices have gone up, but that price seems high. It might be cheaper to have one hauled from Philly or Wilmington.

Container prices have gone up a lot since then. It's a supply demand thing and new containers have gotten so expensive they are refurbishing containers that would have gone to the secondary market so both seaworthy and "wind and water tight" containers have had significant price increases during that time frame (last five years).
I have had problems even finding a decent container to purchase at times. (I send them to Africa and we always buy them as opposed to using a loaned container.)

we just bought a 40ft wind and water tight container today for $2600 delivered ......its in nice shape and we would have paid more for the condition its in

Back