• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 08S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Stihl 08S, has been on the shelf for years. Took it down and put a shot of mix in the plug, 3-4 pulls and it fired right up. 20" bar with almost new .404 chain. I didn't try filling the tank with mix. I'm just "Assuming" that after sitting that long it's going to need the carb gone through.
$100 plus shipping. Guessing about $50 to ship. If I'm over more than $1, I'll adjust price before I ship.
Please contact me through PM, Joe.
6IlfK60.jpg

BtSHZjB.jpg

1HfpEI7.jpg

Stihl 08S, has been on the shelf for years. Took it down and put a shot of mix in the plug, 3-4 pulls and it fired right up. 20" bar with almost new .404 chain. I didn't try filling the tank with mix. I'm just "Assuming" that after sitting that long it's going to need the carb gone through.
$100 plus shipping. Guessing about $50 to ship. If I'm over more than $1, I'll adjust price before I ship.
6IlfK60.jpg

BtSHZjB.jpg

1HfpEI7.jpg
6IlfK60.jpg

BtSHZjB.jpg

1HfpEI7.jpg
Still have the saw?

The ride is the thing that going to be the kicker here I think though. Where are you located?
I live in Frederick MD, but I'm over around Winchester, Charles Town a lot. Leesburg now and then.

Yes it's all OEM. The 08S came with .404 chain and this has an almost new loop on it. It's been sitting on the shelf for years. Put a shot of mix in the carb and it fires right up with a few pulls. I didn't put fuel in the tank, figured sitting so long it would need the carb cleaned or rebuilt. But, sounds great when it fires up.

I live in Frederick MD, but I'm over around Winchester, Charles Town a lot. Leesburg now and then.

Yes it's all OEM. The 08S came with .404 chain and this has an almost new loop on it. It's been sitting on the shelf for years. Put a shot of mix in the carb and it fires right up with a few pulls. I didn't put fuel in the tank, figured sitting so long it would need the carb cleaned or rebuilt. But, sounds great when it fires up.

I can meet you in Winchester anytime. Just let me know when you’re going to be in that area again. That would save the shipping. I could give you something for your time and gas if you want just let me know. I’ll bring the $100 plus whatever you think for your time and gas. Would that be good?

I can meet you in Winchester anytime. Just let me know when you’re going to be in that area again. That would save the shipping. I could give you something for your time and gas if you want just let me know. I’ll bring the $100 plus whatever you think for your time and gas. Would that be good?
Yes, $20 for gas would work. I’m retired so I can work to your schedule. I think I’m free the next three days. Then I’ll have to check with the wife.

I can make it today. I'm familiar with the WalMart on 50, I think? I go 340 to Charles Town, 9 to Berryville, 7 to 81, 81 to 37 past the big Hospital, and get on 50. There is a big shopping center with a Walmart on the right.

Give me a call on my cell 443 605 6999.

I get those rt numbers mixed up. There is a 7-11 on 7 at the intersection going to Summit Point.

I can make it today. I'm familiar with the WalMart on 50, I think? I go 340 to Charles Town, 9 to Berryville, 7 to 81, 81 to 37 past the big Hospital, and get on 50. There is a big shopping center with a Walmart on the right.

Give me a call on my cell 443 605 6999.

I get those rt numbers mixed up. There is a 7-11 on 7 at the intersection going to Summit Point.
Your in a nice area.

I had the pleasure of seeing one of these locally the other day, it felt like a army tank! Anyone know why/when they stopped making those awesome wide/fat bars?
When I first got mine I looked up what I could find about the 08S and I was surprised. I think I read that it was the longest produced Stihl. Long after they quit selling them in the states, they still sold in other parts of the world. I was thinking they sold from around 1965 well into the 2000’s. But I can’t find that info now. It does run .404 chain which is big chain for a 50CC saw.

Back