• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Sachs-Dolmar KMS4 Rotary

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure is nice to see a saw someone hasn’t squirted paint all over. Nice saw!
If I saw someone paint a saw as rare as this one, I'd cut his hand off, throw it through my model 65 chipper, and burn the chips! Thanks, it is a nice one. Funny, a lot of the KMS4's that I see are in very good condition. I think the Rotary Engine novelty wore off before the heavy weight of them.

1689547350020.jpeg
I traded up a few times to finally end up with this one in my collection. I think I’ve had 6 or 7. Fun saws to run at GTGs. The deceleration of a rotary is just a lot different than a conventional 2 stroke. They sound pretty good in the cut. I think yours is nicer than mine, and I wouldn’t take $2k for mine. Someone is going to get a nice saw for great price in my opinion.

View attachment 1098042
I traded up a few times to finally end up with this one in my collection. I think I’ve had 6 or 7. Fun saws to run at GTGs. The deceleration of a rotary is just a lot different than a conventional 2 stroke. They sound pretty good in the cut. I think yours is nicer than mine, and I wouldn’t take $2k for mine. Someone is going to get a nice saw for great price in my opinion.
Thanks. My neighbor bought a John Deere X738 with snow blower, snow plow, salt spreader, lots and lots more. Payed over 20K for it. He’s moving to a gated community and let me have everything for 12K, only 160 hours on it.
Then another friend booked us on two off shore Tuna Trips so I’m into him for 1K. I don’t like owing people money, so I thought I might let this one go. But, yesterday one of my regular wood customers ordered 3 cord of wood, that will take care of the fishing trips. I’m only going to leave this here one more day and it goes back on the shelf. I really didn’t want to sell it.

Thanks. My neighbor bought a John Deere X738 with snow blower, snow plow, salt spreader, lots and lots more. Payed over 20K for it. He’s moving to a gated community and let me have everything for 12K, only 160 hours on it.
Then another friend booked us on two off shore Tuna Trips so I’m into him for 1K. I don’t like owing people money, so I thought I might let this one go. But, yesterday one of my regular wood customers ordered 3 cord of wood, that will take care of the fishing trips. I’m only going to leave this here one more day and it goes back on the shelf. I really didn’t want to sell it.
Thank God, I was really hoping you would change your mind about selling it.

Yes it is, very much so. They might be an odd saw but they are ones I love and that one is about as fine of a one as it gets. PERIOD
The friend I got it from is now 92. He said he used it for the project he got it for, but it was so heavy, he never used it again. It's actually still covered in a layer of under the work bench dirt. It will clean up more.

The good news/bad news, is, I think I'm out of the financial bind I was in bringing me to sell it. I think it's going back on the shelf. Good news for me. Bad news for anyone that wanted to claim it.

For the advanced collector, my running, Sachs KMS4 Rotary. This saw had a few hours put on it back in the 70's. The original owner said it was too heavy and when he finished the project, never used it again. When I got it I primed it and it fired right off. The fuel tank looked new inside so I put half a tank in it. Primed it again and it started running, drawing from the tank. I shot a short video of it running. Mark hooked me up with a repro knuckle guard, it's not on the saw, but does go with it. $2000 shipping included. My daughter just had twins, so we are running in and out. Please respond with a PM, so I can keep track of reply's. Thanks, Joe.
RKCNL00.jpg

Did you ever. Sell this kms4?
[email protected]

The friend I got it from is now 92. He said he used it for the project he got it for, but it was so heavy, he never used it again. It's actually still covered in a layer of under the work bench dirt. It will clean up more.

The good news/bad news, is, I think I'm out of the financial bind I was in bringing me to sell it. I think it's going back on the shelf. Good news for me. Bad news for anyone that wanted to claim it.
Looks like he no longer need to sell it and “put her back on the shelf”. You should probably keep looking.

Latest posts

Back