2000ssm6 WAS RIGHT - THANKS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GM-GUY

GM-GUY

ArboristSite Member
Well, under the heading you learn something everyday I learned two today; one was what a compensated filter was (thx again Lakeside) and the other is that yes my saw does have a two piece muffler with spark screen.

I did a search the other day on my downloaded 036 manual and found what and where it was and how to service it. Unfortunately the saw is 10+ years old and I've never cleaned it :eek:

So it was stuck but good. I decided to clean in place with some 'BrakeKleen' and a toothbrush. I plugged the exhaust port and put some paper towel to catch the overspray and it looks much better now. I put on my new Air Filter and fired it up. It runs like a new saw :D , and guess what it doesn't get as hot anymore.

For ref this thread is what started this enlightment journey:

http://new.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=52770

GM-GUY

GM-GUY

ArboristSite Member
I wasn't (I thought) running bad before - but the throttle response is much quicker and it doesn't drop off like before when releasing the throttle, almost enough to stall, sometimes it did while cutting.

I thought that was nature of the beast and 'it was always like that - I just never noticed.'

Well, in the next week or so I have a tree (hickory/ash : one or the other again, mostly dead - not totally) 4 feet from the road and 2 from the power lines with my name on it. It will be an interesting test - btw this is at my grandmothers house (90+) and I don't need her loosing power in a NorthEaster. I get to try my new 1/2" rope & pulley + my wedges: it will be just like Christmas.....

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Jeezumms GM Guy,,,,

Well, under the heading you learn something everyday I learned two today; one was what a compensated filter was (thx again Lakeside) and the other is that yes my saw does have a two piece muffler with spark screen.

I did a search the other day on my downloaded 036 manual and found what and where it was and how to service it. Unfortunately the saw is 10+ years old and I've never cleaned it :eek:

So it was stuck but good. I decided to clean in place with some 'BrakeKleen' and a toothbrush. I plugged the exhaust port and put some paper towel to catch the overspray and it looks much better now. I put on my new Air Filter and fired it up. It runs like a new saw :D , and guess what it doesn't get as hot anymore.

He wont be able to put his hat on as it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Jeezumms GM Guy,,,,

He wont be able to put his hat on as it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Latest posts