2006 Mid Atlantic Horticulture Short Course

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadatwins

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Posted this in case anyone interested in going, I attented last year, great hotel and speakers. There is also a group of classes that includes a 1/2 day tour of the VA beach Stihl factory. Website info is below also.

THE 2006 MID-ATLANTIC HORTICULTURE SHORT COURSE

Produced by The Virginia Horticulture Foundation

Early Registration Deadline: January 13, 2006

Join us from January 30 - February 2 at the Oceanfront Ramada Plaza Conference Center in Virginia Beach for the 2006 Mid-Atlantic Horticulture Short Course. This year’s conference has one, two, three and four-day tracks filled with your choice of more than 160 sessions related to the green industry. Customize your learning experience and choose the topics and number of days you want to attend. Programs include:

Workshops – One or Two Days

Spanish – Basic and Intermediate

Creating a Landscape Design

Understanding/Repair of Small Engines

Irrigation Setup from Start to Finish

Advanced Horticulture Hands-On (at the HRAREC)

Tours

Stihl Corporation

White’s Nursery and Greenhouses

Norfolk Botanical Garden

New Landscape Architecture Track

A special day just for Landscape Architects on Wednesday at the Norfolk Botanical Garden (includes a hot lunch catered by Brennan’s Bistro in Virginia Beach)

Three Keynote Speakers:

Rick Darke and Cole Burrell on plant and design trends and Tom Shay on business strategies

Plus: Arboriculture, Nursery Production, Landscape Design, Landscape and Turf Maintenance, Retail Business, Greenhouse Production, Business and Computers Concepts, Crew Managers, and Pesticide Certification and Recertification. Most courses offer CEU credits.

Visit our website at www.MAHSC.org, call (757) 523-4734 or E-mail [email protected] for more information.

I'm going there Monday; wish I could stay for all 3 days.

Hope the surf's up!

Back