201T Weres the power?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Dale

Reaction score
I work for a resedential tree service and we recently bought a brand new 201. I have to say i was rather dissapointed the first time i used it. I would almost rather use the slightly older, heavier 200 thats honestly been ragged to hell and back than this one. Im considering taking the muffler screen out and possibly venting the new plastic cover theyre putting over the carbs now. Any advice?

lets see, a well broken in saw vs a tight new saw. hmmmmmmm

runs some gallons through that 201 and it will pick up quiet abit.

They badly need a muffler mod, the ignition advanced, the limiter drilled out of the carb, and about 15 tanks of fuel run through them. With these simple mods, they have excellent throttle response and more power than a muffler modded 200T.

Yeah what the guys have said, being a strato it needs to be run in properly first. Richen up the carb and mod the muffler for starters. You'll be amazed by how well it runs.

Yes, just 800 hrs of use - it "wakes up"...

Or send it to B Snelling and let him fix it.

I'm not sure about the 800hrs... its half worn out by then. More like like 25 hours and it should have "freed up" quite a bit.

Yes, the "800hrs" was a little joke. Someone told me that is how many hrs
they had before their 201 "woke up".

He must work 200 hrs per week... :)

Better????

[video=youtube;9zf_Bzn33MM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zf_Bzn33MM&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=2&feature=plcp[/video]

I work for a resedential tree service and we recently bought a brand new 201. I have to say i was rather dissapointed the first time i used it. I would almost rather use the slightly older, heavier 200 thats honestly been ragged to hell and back than this one. Im considering taking the muffler screen out and possibly venting the new plastic cover theyre putting over the carbs now. Any advice?

Well, Stihl are still putting out new models that are 1. generation strato saws......:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back