2100 CD, no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PICT1186.JPG Look at your flywheel.
Is it marked SEM or FEMSA?
They use different flywheels so your flywheel will easily tell you which ignition armature you have.
Look at the picture.
The left one is a SEM and the right one is a FEMSA.
Above the FEMSA flywheel is the FEMSATRONIC ignition armature.

Attachments

• PICT1186.JPG
    PICT1186.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 3
View attachment 333359 Look at your flywheel.
Is it marked SEM or FEMSA?
They use different flywheels so your flywheel will easily tell you which ignition armature you have.
Look at the picture.
The left one is a SEM and the right one is a FEMSA.
Above the FEMSA flywheel is the FEMSATRONIC ignition armature.

Mine looks like the flywheel on the left.

Really? A quick search yielded a coil that doesn't look anything like mine...?

It's Ebay....You have to separate the "bear $%#% from the buckwheat"..lol ......If it looks like yours it will work...Plug wire length is the only issue you can run into the odd time......I did a quick search myself and I see it's slim pickens on there right now other than a couple new replacements.....If you have a bit of time keep searching on there. They do pop up pretty regularly.

The part number you want is 501831901. If you're near Spokane you can probably pick one up tomorrow. I also checked the bay, but the prices SEM's were going for it didn't seem like a good idea. Even half the price of new isn't a bargain if the thing is 3/4 dead.

rokon. just for ***** and giggles you should try separating the main lead and kill switch ground then give it a go. last 2100 i had an issue with i just did that and that saw still runs today. i think i just put a bit of silicone in between them but when i figure it out i was in the bush and wanted to keep cutting. i **** you not i pulled the flywheel and stuffed a cig butt in between the wires to finish the day. it didn't even come out!! not saying it's your issue but it's worth a look into.

I'll take a look at it.

I did try it without the kill wire connected to eliminate the switch as a problem.

Back