2100 husky with a 3120 heart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now curious here did you do this out of necessity to get a saw running with no availibility of the original parts?

there are still parts about, you just have to look.....I have 70% NOS parts to build a whole new saw.....but you dont even need new, theres plenty of life left in used bits...

I did not do it out of neccessity. 2100 cranks are cheaper to find than 3120 cranks. As for the 2100 being rpm limited. They have a circut in the carburetor that feeds extra fuel at a certain rpm and slows down the saw. It is easy to bypass and almost all 2100s I have seen have already had it done.
Busmech, yes my brother Jon did do this and he went all out. Instead of using a short piston he had a machinist cut the combustion chamber up and used the 2100 piston. His cylinder is ported, it has a 090 carburetor and the saw is piped. He said it beat any 2100 he had (maybe not any I have, we haven't tried). Anyway I wanted to see what all the excitement was about. I will fiddle with it some more next week and we will see. Mike

Got to run this homemade stroker today and was happy. It does shake a little more than a stock 2100 but not much. It is not a RPM monster but then it was not built to be. I am weighing about 230 now and could put a lot of push on that saw. Going through white oak was not slowing the saw. Fun project.

I sure appreciate pictures when I see them and envy the posters that know how to make them worth studying. When I first started the project I spent hours on the crank. It was machined for width and then totally polished. I even fancied up the rod with a few lightening holes. When I laid it into the crankcase it looked like a diamond up a goats ---. Well anyway when I was doing that I thought "maybe I should take a picture". Naw, nobody wants to see that. It is only freaks like me that go to this trouble and stuff.
So I put it together with used parts to make a running stroker. To take a picture now would cheapen the whole project. It is just a well used looking 2100. Yea it has the heart of a lion but you can't really see the heart. My bad, but thanks for the interest. If I take the top off I will take a picture in the future.
As far as full tilt 2100s, I have one. Busmech ran it for me at a logging show and believe me it runs. It took second place with about 15 entries and there were ESPN type guys there. A 2100 with removable head and hogged out 084 carburetor running a thin ring and help from Ken Dunn is a scary fast machine. Right Busmech??

Yea that is one fast 2100, not only fast but strong, some ######## you can't lean on but Mike's 2100 is not one of those. Good to see you on here regular again Mike. How's Jon and the rest of the Rupley clan doing? Mike

Thanks for the backup Mike. We are doing good we just don't compete anymore. I am big into deer hunting and looking for trophy mule deer now. Hope all the Morrows are great. If all the competitors were like the Morrows the sport would be better off. Mike

no worries Mike, I wasnt doubting you, just have a keen interest in Husky2100's is all. Sounds like a good strong saw....could be an interesting way to approach our hardwoods. building for torque that is

Latest posts

Back