2100 Husqvarna pistion and cylinder questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluehill logger

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm swapping out the p & c on my 285 for a 2100 cylinder. I just happened to be reading a saw repair manual (not the actual husky manual) that says that the piston and cylinder need to be stamped with the same tolerances i.e. cylinder stamped with "A" must have a matching piston stamped "A". I've got a cylinder stamped with a "B" on it an a piston stamped with an "e". According to the manual the piston is slightly oversized for the cylinder. Has anyone has any real experienc mixing p & c in this fashion?

I've searched around and the piston alone seems to be no longer availible from husqvarna, and the golf pistons have no such tolerance indications.

Thanks
Rodger

i thought that there were only 3 sizes: A, B and C... the E you are seeing may be something different??

if A is the smallest and C the largest, you could run any piston in a C cylinder but only an A in a A cylinder, you could run a A or B piston in a B cylinder atc etc....

only my opinion.
Serg

Latest posts

Back