2100cd hard to pullover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reed1517

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just put together a fine looking 2100. Issue I’m have is when trying to pull it over. It’s more choppy feeling with crazy compression. Can’t get that sweet smooth spot. No mods were done. Removed spark plug and it’s smooth as butter. Removed muffler. Key is intact. Small amount of 2stroke when putting piston in. The solder won’t even squish so I know there’s plenty of room. The flywheel did have that protective plastic fall to pieces on first disassemble. It looks like there’s a balancer opposite the magnet that was “cut”. Maybe an imbalanced flywheel? I’ve worked on and started many high compression saws something seems off on this. I haven’t gotten to fuel yet. I’m only checking for spark etc. any help is appreciated.

Hello everyone. I just put together a fine looking 2100. Issue I’m have is when trying to pull it over. It’s more choppy feeling with crazy compression. Can’t get that sweet smooth spot. No mods were done. Removed spark plug and it’s smooth as butter. Removed muffler. Key is intact. Small amount of 2stroke when putting piston in. The solder won’t even squish so I know there’s plenty of room. The flywheel did have that protective plastic fall to pieces on first disassemble. It looks like there’s a balancer opposite the magnet that was “cut”. Maybe an imbalanced flywheel? I’ve worked on and started many high compression saws something seems off on this. I haven’t gotten to fuel yet. I’m only checking for spark etc. any help is appreciated.
Forgot to mention. All OEM except piston and rings. This piston does have double rings that are on the thick side. But the piston operates smoothly with no spark plug in.

Update: The top end and flywheel ended up getting ripped apart and put back together twice today. Whatever I did it seemed to do the trick. I can get it to pullover smoothly now. Compression test was 190. It fired with some fuel down the carb. Man it thumps! Can’t wait to get it milling after break in. It’s not pulling fuel but it’s probably tank vent. It’s original and has seen better days. Thanks for the help guys. I’ll keep adding to this until it’s firing perfectly.

I would love one but my age is against me. Now I'm getting spoilt with husky 550xpg and loving it. Took some getting used to but mkes things so easy. Cuts anything so far, 8 tooth sprocket 15" bar .325 pitch now for the critics 🤣

I used the 2100 and 2101 as a faller for yrs & yrs. It's not a high-compression saw like the Jonsereds were. They can run fine @150psi. More like 175psi after a complete rebuild. I have no idea what you could have done so that taking the flywheel, P&C off and putting them back on cured the problem.......would have had to be there to see that one.

I'm always amused at comments about pulling the saw over. If you would have complained back in the day, you would have been laughed out of the woods. I still have two 2100's and it's my go-to saw in stuff over 36". My avatar shows a J'red 2094. I did a three-day comparison of the 2100 against that saw with the same bar and chain in 100yr old maple. In stuff under 36", the 2094 walked away from the 2100. In stuff over 36" where I could lean on the 2100 with all its torque, it walked away from the 2094.

The Swedes way overthought tank venting. The whole 2100 vent system can be deleted and instead put in a gas-rated grommet and a small Echo plastic vent......and you're done. Trying to track down the original venting parts and putting all that back on is just a lesson in futility.

Kevin

View attachment IMG_1879.MOV
View attachment IMG_1879.MOV

Latest posts

Back