2100xp question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devyn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone, got a 2100xp, the chain keeps slipping off the bar, bar is new, new chain, just wondering if someone can let me know what chain too use? (Worried the dealer sold me the wrong one) or is it the chain sprocket? Can u still purchase a new sprocket? Any help would be appreciated thanks

Well from your other thread.....
Lots of variables there. You could be running it too loose. The chain pitch may not match the bar tip pitch. The sprocket pitch could be wrong. Since you say it is a new chain and a new bar what brand are they? What numbers are stamped on the tail of the bar? What numbers are on the bar tip? What numbers are on the chain drivers?

Bill

You can still purchase a new sprocket and quite likely a drum and clutch as well. Based on your avatar pic the chain needs to be much tighter. Ideally you need to hold the tip up and tighten the chain until, with mild effort, you can pull the chain down enough to see a gap between the bottoms of 1-3 drivers and the bar rails.

Shoot I did not even look at the avatar picture. Yep that is where a guy needs to start........and probably finish

Latest posts

Back