2101xp bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well my 2101 locked up last weekend. The crankshaft bearings are toast and so is the needle bearing that the connecting rod rides on on the crank. I got it all pressed apart and the junk cleaned out, but the bore of the connecting rod seems a little out of round and looks a little chewed up. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the bore of this rod, or where I can get another rod? I can have this one built up and milled back out if I have too.

13mm bore, same as 281XP & 288XP, but that con rod is supplied as an integral part of the
crankshaft assembly, which it sounds like you already need as your big end rollers are "toast".

Is the 2100 and 2101 the same? I know the 2100 can use the 285 crank.... IDK if that helps. A replacement crank might be cheaper and faster...

The man is right. The rod and bearing are press together at assembly and are balance that way. it can be done but inorder to have it rebalance it has to be done profesionally = $$$. Might check the Trading post with a want add or maybe the Evilbay

Yeah I was kind of afraid it was part of an assembly. I have a 288xp laying around as parts, is the crank and everything the same as the 2101? I can have a friend who can rebalance the crank when we press it back together and he can mill the bore of the con rod as well, but the needle bearing is going to be an issue. I looked on evil bay and there was a used crank assembly for $450 but he wouldn't reply to the condition of the bearings, and that seemed like a bunch for the crank

There is a 285 for $35, you could ask the guy if the crank is in good health...

Ok I found a crank on eBay for $75. Sounds reasonable, also looking at the 285, I'm leaning towards it

I thought about picking up that 285 for the heck of it, the price is right. I just bought a 285 crank and case off a member so I don't really need another one.

Back