24" beetle hit pine removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Streyken

Streyken

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks guys.

It grew like that; there used to be a group of trees growing on the other side, shading it - hence the lean, but they died and were removed last fall. The one to the left was also taken down. The one growing through the shed is pretty bad too, will probably be brown by fall, but the owner is going to try and save it.

Was a bit of a pain, but the whole thing only took about an hour and a half. Roped the larger limbs and threw the small ones. The wood was already dried and light, so the blocks were easy to place.

Streyken

Streyken

ArboristSite Operative
Good eye Ekka! As I roped the larger branches down they were untied and thrown into a dump truck. The boom only had a total reach of about 50' and couldn't be used, as the tree was about 75' and he couldn't get close enough. I did pass a few bottom limbs to a guy in the bucket, but it was faster to just use a rope. The bucket was supported by four cables and not meant for tree work. This was my cousin's place and he is a roofer, so he brought the boom and dump from work just in case. We also burned a lot of debris.

Latest posts