• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 254XP Orange Label

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muad

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a very specific 254xp variant, I believe they were made in the early 90s. They have an orange XP label on the recoil assembly. Below are some pics I stole off the internet showing what I'm after. I'm looking for a clean saw, but it doesn't have to be a running saw. I plan to possiblly port this one myself, so ascetics are more important than function here. That said, a clean running example would be amazing ;)

14E07432-9EE8-4D9A-A1BE-AA7DFA16B96B.jpeg3E36C7AD-65FD-4CE0-AC42-9314AD152034.jpeg

Like this?
c8a3d3c3ecca018c184f064c54358b1e.jpg

I know what you mean, I like those decals too:
81974796c624cd0e8cc1264e9739a615.jpg

I definitely have a chainsaw issue like most of us on here but your taking it to. A new level with matching stickers lol. (I also have 2 262’s. One I modded up and one rattler version) so I understand

Ha, get on my level man!!! LOL.

I just love the 254, and like pokemon, I've gotta collect them all!!

OK, that was a little nerdy. Not a pokemon fan, I have kids. LOL

I thought you sold that one.
Bet it's quite the runner now.
Is it for sale, inquiring minds want to know, right Maud.

I'm sure it's out of my price range, but I'd be interested for sure. Sucker looks clean.

I thought you sold that one.
Bet it's quite the runner now.
Is it for sale, inquiring minds want to know, right Maud.

You may be right. In my advanced age I may have misremembered, but I thought this one I sent to rattler is the one I bought from you. Either way, yessir it is a runner. Mike has a way with these for sure

I'm sure it's out of my price range, but I'd be interested for sure. Sucker looks clean.

I apologize sir...I didn’t comment in this thread as an attempt to sell. Really more as an agreement that those ‘orange labels’ are cool. Careful though, several other models had them too: I’ve had orange XP label 254,262,268,272, and 394. There may be others but I’ve had those personally. CAD can be very bad for the oddest of reasons

I apologize sir...I didn’t comment in this thread as an attempt to sell. Really more as an agreement that those ‘orange labels’ are cool. Careful though, several other models had them too: I’ve had orange XP label 254,262,268,272, and 394. There may be others but I’ve had those personally. CAD can be very bad for the oddest of reasons

No worries. Ya never know, maybe it'll all work out and I'll have a sweet new 254xp ;)

You may be right. In my advanced age I may have misremembered, but I thought this one I sent to rattler is the one I bought from you. Either way, yessir it is a runner. Mike has a way with these for sure
Its all good, I'm pleased I remember I've owned a few of them lol.
I also remember I drove about 50 miles to buy one with the orange like this one, when I get there it wasn't the same saw as in the picture. I pulled it up on my phone while the guy was blabbing and then I was sure it wasn't the same saw. I asked him and he said that was just an internet photo so you could get an idea of what it was, to which I explained it wasn't what it was cause I already had that one, I wanted the orange sticker.
I got a good price on it, but I didn't get what I wanted :sucks:. I did however learn to ask if the picture is of the actual item when buying, most are like of course it is, okay I just have to ask lol.

Back