262XP vs 357XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoot501

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm in need of a medium size saw and was looking at these two Huskys. Is the 357XP better than the 262XP or are they about equal in power and weight? What are the +'s and -'s for each, thanks.

The 357 rules as far as potential goes. Get one and send it to........eh....how long do you expect to live?

If it lasts 10 yrs that will suit me, dont use a saw for a living or to cut firewood anymore. Just dont have a medium size saw, a man never has enough tools.

its partly because of the area i live in.
but i can take u to a whole bunch of 028 saws that are over 10 yrs old. just broke in good. of course in the rite hands any good saw will last. also know where theres some homelites ,johnsonreds etc,
that are old. even know one fella that still uses a manual pump homelite.
yep he gets the job done bout as good as any. just knows his equipment.

I was just wanting to know how these two saws stack up against each other. The only saw I have in this size range is an old 306A poulan. I've got an 028 super and 026 but just wanted a Husky with a little more grunt.

I`d take the 357 in your case Shoot. The 357 has more grunt than the 262 and still turns around 13,500 or 14,000 rpm. Frankly I`ve forgotten the exact number. Have one of the builders here modify it for you and you could in theory get rid of your other saws. I say "in theory" because it has not helped me any but I could if I wanted to. No really. :D

Russ

Rick's link is great and will provide plenty of material to read.  If you're interested at all in narrowing down the results, there's a way of performing a search which will do so considerably.

Enter <font size="+1">&nbsp;<b>262* +357*</b>&nbsp;</font> in the search box and you'll get only those posts which contain 262 (or 262XP) <i>and</i> 357 (or 357XP).&nbsp; (Technically, it wouldn't be limited to just "XP" after the numbers, but in practice here that will be the result.)

That criteria results in this list of (currently) 8 posts: http://www.arboristsite.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=68922&sortby=&sortorder=

Latest posts

Back