• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 266SE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
Hi All,

A farming friend here is thinking of selling his lightly used 266SE. It looks to be in good condition. He also had a 2100 in good condition that i helped him find a buyer for.

He has turned down one offer of about USD150 but I think if the right offer came along he'd sell as he is getting on in years and hasn't used the saw for a while.

I ran it recently and it seems fine. Will get some photos when I visit them next if anyone is keen.

The trouble is I know it isn't cheap to send saws up your way from down here (have sent a few), so it may not be worth it for this model of saw but I wanted to run it past chainsaw people before suggesting to him I put it on the local auction website here in NZ for him.

He's getting a new small saw to replace the ones he has now, and I would respectfully suggest that'll see him out. So no point holding onto the 266 and wee stihl he currently has.

ive got a 1984 266se that i just rebilt all new parts! i was wondering what a fair price would be to sell this at?? any help would be apreciated

i do have a question?? i broke a screw off where the dog ears go and i tried to clean out the hole and ended up poking a small hole in the oil reserve, and it started to let bar oil leak out of the hole? will this cause any major problems like vacum leaks that will lead to it burning up an engine??? im thinking about filling the hole with jb weld and then tapping a smaller screw into the hole to hold the dog ear on????
all comments besides being an idiot for doing this would be greatly appreciated

which saw? oil tank is not part of fuel system, but a broken case devalues the saw. if it's a saw you're selling, be honest with the buyer and let them determine the correct course of action.

the 266. its the bottom screw for the felling ears. i poked a small hole in it and bar oil started to seep out of it. will that effect the saw at all? i JB welded the hole shut

ive got a 1984 266se that i just rebilt all new parts! i was wondering what a fair price would be to sell this at?? any help would be apreciated
Just some friendly advice, you kinda hijacked kiwibros for sale post. I would suggest starting your own thread if you are looking to sell a saw not posting in someone else’s thread. As dogfather pointed out, I would fully disclose all aspects of the saw in the post and be very upfront and honest regarding the saws condition. Guys on here will buy saws regardless because some can and will fix anything. As a newer member it’s important to start off on the right foot, there are multitudes of great knowledgeable gents on this site and they are a pleasure to do business with. To answer your question, no it will not cause an air leak.
Good luck! Enjoy

Just some friendly advice, you kinda hijacked kiwibros for sale post. I would suggest starting your own thread if you are looking to sell a saw not posting in someone else’s thread. As dogfather pointed out, I would fully disclose all aspects of the saw in the post and be very upfront and honest regarding the saws condition. Guys on here will buy saws regardless because some can and will fix anything. As a newer member it’s important to start off on the right foot, there are multitudes of great knowledgeable gents on this site and they are a pleasure to do business with. To answer your question, no it will not cause an air leak.
Good luck! Enjoy
Being new I didnt know how to post a thread,and I have disclosed what is wrong with it,hence asking what to do and how to fix it,or if it would hurt anything having a little hole in it. I get that I posted on someone else's thread and dont need to be told about it over and over. I am new to how this posting and replying goes.
Thank you and keep your chainsaws clean

Latest posts

Back