272xp Tillotson 260 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excess650

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a service manual and IPL, but what is the layout of the screws on the carb? The lower left(from the left side) seems to be idle speed, but the other two? What should the baseline settings be? I thought it odd to not see this info in the manual.:confused:

The saw started right up, but was REALLY rich, and smoked a lot. I've not yet pulled the muffler, but it seems to have good compression. The rim sprocket was heavily worn, clutch bearing was stuck inside the clutch drum, and chain brake band missing.:censored: I've replaced the drum/rim/bearing and it seems OK.

Its running much better now,:givebeer: but I need a tach.

Part of my clutch issue was due to the nylon oil pump drive gear not mating properly with the clutch drum.:censored: New parts are on order.

I went to my local Husqvarna dealer, and was looking for an air filter, chain brake band, bar nuts, and a few other parts. They didn't have any...not even the bar nuts.:censored: I suggested that the 372 uses the same size, but he didn't even try to cross reference the part or go look, so parts are coming from Baileys.:spam:

Back