28" Bar Needed for Husq. 288

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnAlbers

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a couple of trees that I need to bring down. They are all within about 10" of each other but the largest one is about 48" across. I would to know if there is that much difference between bars? I am looking at a Husqvarna, Oregon Power Match Plus and a Windsor Speed Tip bar, never heard of, all set for 3/8 and .058 chain. The Oregon has what they call Lubri-Dam and Lubri-Jet these sound good but do they work? Thank you for any help you can give me or should I look at something else. Thank you.

John Albers
Waukesha WI

I prefer the windsors. is there much difference? proably not. But I like them, and they work good for me.
-Ralph

Oil on the Bar

The one thing that sounds good to me is the bar oil features with the Oregon bar. I just don't want there to be an oil problem since this will a much larger bar 28" vs. the 20" that came with it.

John Albers
Waukesha WI

Bailey's stocks the Oregon Powermatch and the Windsor Speed-tip bars for your 288.

I like the Powermatch bars. And if you order one for your Husky... they will be painted gray with "Husqvarna" on it in blue. Factory Husky bar.

Gary

http://www.windsorforestry.com/index.htm

Usually the Windsor is a good bit less money though I have not compared directly lately. They are good bars and now that I looked up those features of the Oregon I have used them and not known they were on some bars I do not have any lube problem with Windsor up to 30 inches....just adjust the oil pump accordingly. The theory looks good on many things but for amny customers it comes down to budget.

28" bar

My buddy just put a 28" oregon Power Match on his Husky 288XP. He says it's the Cat's Meow. Hasn't had any trouble with it, and seems to really like it. He bought it from Bailey's. I've been trying to get him to sell me his 288 for a couple months now, punk won't part with it though, lol.

He sold me this 266XP. This is a vid of me cutting an 18" popple that fell down. The wifey taped it, I thought she was just taking pics for that rooster tail thread. She's a nut. Butttt, since she's the pertiest girl in the whole wide world and lots of fun, I gotta love her.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2814233555400057815&hl=en

ciscoguy01 said:
My buddy just put a 28" oregon Power Match on his Husky 288XP. He says it's the Cat's Meow. Hasn't had any trouble with it, and seems to really like it. He bought it from Bailey's. I've been trying to get him to sell me his 288 for a couple months now, punk won't part with it though, lol.

He sold me this 266XP. This is a vid of me cutting an 18" popple that fell down. The wifey taped it, I thought she was just taking pics for that rooster tail thread. She's a nut. Butttt, since she's the pertiest girl in the whole wide world and lots of fun, I gotta love her.

I'm just speechless .......

STIHLSamantha .....oh never mind

Last edited:
john

don't go crazy trying to decide, there all made by the same company. Blount owns oregon and windsor. husky bars are made by oregon, jonsered bars are made by windsor. i have used both without any problems. windsor also used to make stihl bars but i'm not sure if they do anymore.

Bremen said:
If I'm not mistaken that Husqvarna bar is a rebadged Oregon.
That is mostly right, and in this case it is right....:D

The exeptions are some laminated bars, that are made here in Norway.

ciscoguy01 said:

Nice video! The 266 made short work of that stuff. And you should be very proud to have a wifey who is willing to play with saws in the woods! I'm still trying to get mine to come out and cut, but no luck so far...

computeruser said:
Nice video! The 266 made short work of that stuff. And you should be very proud to have a wifey who is willing to play with saws in the woods! I'm still trying to get mine to come out and cut, but no luck so far...

Yep, nice VID work and roostertails there 'Team Cisco'. :clap: :clap:

My wife isn't interested in cutting and so I don't plan to put a saw in her hands. And in return she's not putting a sewing machine in mine! :hmm3grin2orange:

Especially considering her sewing machine is a Husqvarna...:jester:

Chaser

Latest posts

Back