28" or 30" Homelite/Jonsered Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodTick007

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am looking for a used good condition or new low cost 28/30" bar for a Jonsered 70. This bar will also fit the older homelite saws. Either post here or PM me with what you have.

Thanks!!!

WoodTick

Just out of curiosity. That 70 will pull an 30 inch bar? I have several 70's, but I have never tried that big of bar. I don't doubt they will. I just have bigger saws with the longer bars. I wonder how big of bar my 111 will pull? I have a 30" on my 80. Running full chisel skip tooth.
Can't help you with a bar that long, but someone should find you one. Bob

Hi Bob

I find the Jonsered 70 a very powerfull saw with an excellent and very smooth powerband. That said, I would ideally like a 28 inch bar. I will most likely run a skip chisel chain and only use it when I get stuck with some very large wood. I run a 24 inch bar with full chisel chain with no problem what so ever. So, yes with sharp chain I am sure the saw would pull a 30" bar all day with no problem.

cbfarmall said:
I see that powelllake has a 30" Cannon bar listed on Ebay. It is a Homelite mount that appears to match the large Jonsered mount (just like you're looking for.)

Chris B.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOMELITE-CHAINS...ryZ79665QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As Chris noted that bar will fit the Homelite and Jred. Mark is a great guy and an easy transaction.

Bob,

I see elsewhere that you were looking for a bar for the 111. Just remeber the Homelite 925 bars fit the Jred 111.

Bill

Hi Bill! Now that you said that, that might be what the old bar is. It's an Oregon bar with the square tension adjuster holes. Those are probably easier to find than the Jonsered mount. Any idea where to get a good buy on a new bar? I found a Woodsman, but 143.00 to steep for me.
I got the Minni-Mo close to ready to fire-up. I rebuilt the carb and replaced the hoses. Cleaned the points, and bought a new plug. I found spark. Now the recoil is slipping and not allowing me to crank it over. Not having heat in the garage is not helping me however. BRRR-COLD LATLEY!! Bob

WoodTick

There are some 28in. bars on e-bay, in the Jonsered section. Not sprocket tip. 35.00 plus shipping. Not possitive if the mounts are the same. Oregon D009 I believe. Seems like the right number is D196. They said it fit a 930, aren't they the same as 70? You could check it out. Someone will know if it would fit. Bob

04, Great saws! Video's with music too, COOL!!!
Yes, I run the D024 bars, they are 58 gauge. I also use a couple of D196's also, they are 50 gauge. I'm not sure but the D009 might also work, but not possitive. Might have to do some filing. A 9.5mm will work with some filing, but they come with 10mm. The 10mm bars are becomming harder to come accross. Becomming obsolete. NICE VIDEOS Bob

arnbobold said:
04, Great saws! Video's with music too, COOL!!!
Yes, I run the D024 bars, they are 58 gauge. I also use a couple of D196's also, they are 50 gauge. I'm not sure but the D009 might also work, but not possitive. Might have to do some filing. A 9.5mm will work with some filing, but they come with 10mm. The 10mm bars are becomming harder to come accross. Becomming obsolete. NICE VIDEOS Bob

There are more videos ..That is THALL in the video's

WoodTick007 said:
I am looking for a used good condition or new low cost 28/30" bar for a Jonsered 70. This bar will also fit the older homelite saws. Either post here or PM me with what you have.

Thanks!!!

Is that a 9.5mm mount in Homelite? Will you run a hard tip? Would a bar off of Homelite XP1020 fit? I am going to a dealer Monday that might have what you are looking for, I will inquire and let you know.

04ultra said:
Jred 70

takes

oregon D024 mount in my book...

The D024 is a lubridam bar with a .395 slot. It will will fit the Jred 70. The D196 with a .375 slot will fit the 70 as well as many other saws. The D096 will also fit but that is a cheap bar. The D023 will also fit the 70. Lots of choices.

Bill

Back