• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 288xp Lite top cover & muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCraig

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Need the top cover & muffler for a 288xp lite. Saw I bought had no screws, so would need those, too. (4, I think? Two through the muffler into jug and two(?) that screw into oil tank)

Thank you!

—JC

For what it's worth, I just bought a supposedly new OEM low top cover on ebay for $32 shipped. I'll see if I can find the link.

As strange as this is gonna sound, I’d prefer a used one. The rest of the saw has normal wear and tear, and I’d like the cover to match. It’s my OCD, I guess.

Same goes for the muffler. New OEM isn’t too expensive. It’ll just drive me bonkers if the muff looks all shiny and new, but the case men’s have scratches & scuffs.

But thank you for sharing!

At least you know it’s OEM?

Maybe let it rattle around in the truck tool box for a couple weeks til it gets that “patina” ;-)

It's got the oem stamps. Made in brazil instead of Sweden. Feels like a thicker walled part than the original cover.

Latest posts

Back