• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 298xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thumbilly

thumbilly

ArboristSite Operative
So I have a 298xp and the other morning when I went to start it the recoil completely grenaded. I was under the impression a 2100 or 2101 recoil would work so I bought one. So my 298 has a 2 pawl flywheel and the 2101 had a 3 pawl. So I either need a different flywheel or recoil. I'm having a hard time locating either. So if anybody has one or the other they'd like to part with I greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

thumbilly

thumbilly

ArboristSite Operative
Ok an update. I'm cooked on this thing. So it's nobody's fault but my own but I've purchased a 2101 recoil and now a matched flywheel and coil. The way the coil mounts is different so I'm no closer than when I started. Except about $200 poorer! I don't know what to do with this dumb thing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk