2nd growth redwood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Follow Up

If you check the clock, @ ~ :13 the tree is actually moving forward - off the stump and up the hill - and hits pretty much flat across the sawed off stump up the hill aways. This is partially why the tree did not self-distruct upon impact. It is a timing thing. Was lucky enough to fell some larger old growth reds back in the day. They will take a lot, IF, you get the timing right!
Was surprised that nary a ? was asked though....
Hope all is well and Christmas finds you blessed.
DC

If you check the clock, @ ~ :13 the tree is actually moving forward - off the stump and up the hill - and hits pretty much flat across the sawed off stump up the hill aways. This is partially why the tree did not self-distruct upon impact. It is a timing thing. Was lucky enough to fell some larger old growth reds back in the day. They will take a lot, IF, you get the timing right!
Was surprised that nary a ? was asked though....
Hope all is well and Christmas finds you blessed.
DC

Howdy Jack! Hope you're busy making trees horizontal. :cheers:

Ya been slacking on your videos lately though, so howz an armchair timberfaller like me supposed to get anything done vicariously through you? :laugh:

Have a great Christmas brother!

Hey Danger Cat, I've always liked your videos. Good stuff and good explainations! I've stolen a few of your tricks as well. Always fun to watch. You're a hell of a timber faller!

Latest posts

Back