3-D Printing and Spencer Tape Gears

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bitzer

bitzer

******** Timber Expert
new bness venture for ya n8 lol. all i can say is the baily nail sucs in oak......
Mike I take a small eye bolt (eye about the size of a quarter) and grind the end to a sharp point. It has to have flat sides though. Not round. I usually just grind four sides. Then I pull the end off the tape and fish a key ring through the hole and attach the "nail" to it. The eye of it has plenty of surface to give you leverage to dig it into frozen wood. I sharpen it once in a while, but its the cats ass for hardwood.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Mike I take a small eye bolt (eye about the size of a quarter) and grind the end to a sharp point. It has to have flat sides though. Not round. I usually just grind four sides. Then I pull the end off the tape and fish a key ring through the hole and attach the "nail" to it. The eye of it has plenty of surface to give you leverage to dig it into frozen wood. I sharpen it once in a while, but its the cats ass for hardwood.
Pics?

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Talked with Cody more, he said he bought just the d-ring and squeezed it on the tape. Then he'd slide the plastic boot up to help hold it. I imagine a chunk of shrink tubing would work as well -- or tape in a pinch.

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Talked with Cody more, he said he bought just the d-ring and squeezed it on the tape. Then he'd slide the plastic boot up to help hold it. I imagine a chunk of shrink tubing would work as well -- or tape in a pinch.

Some of the guys down here are using shrink tubing instead of wrapping the end with tape.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Ron, while moving, found two full boxes of old tapes. About 40 years worth.

I want to get a few to rebuild. . . Maybe a 75' & a couple 50's.

Wonder if you weren't to run a CL ad Nate -- for old tapes from retired cutters -- if it wouldn't yield some treasure?

BeatCJ
Ron, while moving, found two full boxes of old tapes. About 40 years worth.
Wanna sell a couple 75', in the hopes that I can get some good gears in the near future? I don't know what happened to mine, I had 2 100'ers, one with a good filler in 10the and hundredths that I had calibrated, and on with a 75' filler with a D tape on the reverse side. I suspect evil befell them.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Wanna sell a couple 75', in the hopes that I can get some good gears in the near future? I don't know what happened to mine, I had 2 100'ers, one with a good filler in 10the and hundredths that I had calibrated, and on with a 75' filler with a D tape on the reverse side. I suspect evil befell them.
I'll certainly ask. :0)

Latest posts