• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 3 Old Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rydell58

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have three saws that I'm looking to sell today, I was driving though Montana this weekend and picked them up from a closing down Stihl dealer, who apparently had some non Stihl's sitting around. I would love to pass these on to some AS members who would truly appreciate them. I am new to the pricing of older saws, so all of these prices are OBO and I am open to trades (Looking for a top handle Stihl, Peavey/Cant Hook, etc... just let me know what you have)

The first one is my favorite of the group, its a Sachs-Dolmar 102. Fires right up and runs great, really impressed with how light this saw was. No problems with it that I can identify, pictures will be in the following post, and more can be taken upon request. Asking $150

The second saw is a much more common saw, but a nice example. A Homelite Super 2, also a runner. Only problem is that the starter rope is starting to get lazy and not recoil back in right away, should be an easy fix. Asking $50

The third saw was one that I'd never seen before, a Shindaiwa 377. It unfortunately has a broken brake handle, but the brake can still be engaged and disengaged pretty easily. Runs great as well. Asking $100

Feel free to make me an offer for a trade, ask for more pictures, or chime in about the history of these saws.

Thanks for looking!

@Rydell58 does great job packaging saws. I didn't even have to buy one to find out....

Apparently a fellow member of the Riff Raff Gang knew I was looking for a smaller rear handle saw for my almost 10 year old son, and it was also known apparently that I was considering a Shindaiwa.

Well, after seeing the 377 in this ad marked SOLD, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief, as I wouldn't have to justify another saw's arrival to the Boss Lady.
Imagine my surprise when I came home to find a box from Rydell on my front porch. What the heck? With confirmation from Rydell, it was purchased by someone who knows me well, and shipped to me as a surprise.

@Rydell58 does great job packaging saws. I didn't even have to buy one to find out....

Apparently a fellow member of the Riff Raff Gang knew I was looking for a smaller rear handle saw for my almost 10 year old son, and it was also known apparently that I was considering a Shindaiwa.

Well, after seeing the 377 in this ad marked SOLD, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief, as I wouldn't have to justify another saw's arrival to the Boss Lady.
Imagine my surprise when I came home to find a box from Rydell on my front porch. What the heck? With confirmation from Rydell, it was purchased by someone who knows me well, and shipped to me as a surprise.
image.jpg

Alas,

Your good friend is quicker than I!

I am glad you got this one and that it was from a friend. My Dad sure likes his 377

Homelite Super 2 is now $50 including shipping anywhere in the lower 48
Sachs-Dolmar 102 is now $140 including shipping anywhere in the lower 48

Homelite is sold, Dolmar is still available. Will make a seperate post for it with more pictures soon

Latest posts

Back