• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold (3) Stihl 024 and 026 saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of folks talk about driving to go get stuff. You are about 900 miles round trip from here. If you had a vehicle getting 20 mpg it would be 45 gallons of fuel. We are just over $3 here so $135 in fuel and one hell of a long day. A pallet to your local Fastenal is about $250.

A lot of folks talk about driving to go get stuff. You are about 900 miles round trip from here. If you had a vehicle getting 20 mpg it would be 45 gallons of fuel. We are just over $3 here so $135 in fuel and one hell of a long day. A pallet to your local Fastenal is about $250.
People often forget that freight is a very reasonable way to ship stuff.

I’d pay that in a heartbeat. My time isn’t worth much but it’s worth something.

Also, 20mpg would be great lol. Pickup gets about 8 😂

I’d pay that in a heartbeat. My time isn’t worth much but it’s worth something.

Also, 20mpg would be great lol. Pickup gets about 8 😂
Well I figured if I gave a realistic number such as 8/13 mpg some one would pipe up and say..........."my 1997 Cummins 5.9 diesel has 546,000 miles on it and gets 27 mpg pulling a 24ft flatbed".

Yeah folks I heard it from a guy. I rode with him to get equipment, it did not get 27mpg

Do you have a valid interest in the saws or not?
Let’s say he doesn’t so you can send them here once you check on your stash of 041’s along with that running 041S.

If you have more 026 parts saws I’d be interested in them as well. Sigh. Likely not going to be a tote full but may end up on a pallet anyway lol

Let’s say he doesn’t so you can send them here once you check on your stash of 041’s along with that running 041S.

If you have more 026 parts saws I’d be interested in them as well. Sigh. Likely not going to be a tote full but may end up on a pallet anyway lol
I know one is a running 026. The other I am not sure about

Well I figured if I gave a realistic number such as 8/13 mpg some one would pipe up and say..........."my 1997 Cummins 5.9 diesel has 546,000 miles on it and gets 27 mpg pulling a 24ft flatbed".

Yeah folks I heard it from a guy. I rode with him to get equipment, it did not get 27mpg

Many years ago I took my F-350 diesel and 20'+ flatbed to recover an employee's Suburban, broken down about 90 miles away.

The F-350 got better fuel mileage driving back towing his Suburban than his Suburban would have been getting just driving down the road on it's own. But it damn sure wasn't 27 mpg, either.

My 95’ F350 460BB gets gallons per mile, not miles per gallon lol. I don’t go far and when I do it’s not often so just fill it up and move on. It also doesn’t seem to care if it’s running around with just me in it or pulling 20k behind it. Still drinks fuel like it’s priced as if it were 1954 lol.

Latest posts

Back