3 pt chippers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hickslawns

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Probably the wrong forum but i figure for those doing their own wood, many are probably also doing their own brush cleanup. I am looking at a Jinma 6" chipper for my 30HP Kioti tractor. Looking for pros and cons. Seems used are not easily found or near as much as new. I will be using this to clean up some woods (4acres) with no time frame for completion. The sooner I get it cleaned up the sooner I have some paths. I will also use this to grind up sticks my guys pick up while out mowing. Might use it if we get a big storm to clean up customers lawns as well, but certainly not everyday or even every week. Do you suppose this would be sufficient? Thanks, Phil

Go to your favorite search site and punch in "jimna chipper" and you will find a lot of discussion about them. I checked them out when I was searching for a chipper several years ago. In short it seems that once a person gets done rebuilding them (feed system is junk) they work OK. I checked one out in person and the construction in general bothered me. Like any other tool you can spend too little, some people have Jimas and are getting along OK with them, I chose another route and went with a well used Morabark and rebuilt it.

As Butch said..... they need ALOT of work right ouf the crate. Belts, new gear oil, new driveshaft to the feed, etc. etc. Once they are gone through, they are a good chipping machine. You will definitely tinker with the Jinma, while other major brands will chip tons without doing anything to them. Obviously, you aren't going to Wallenstein or Salsco quality at a Jinma price. I do think they are a good value for the price....... there are NO other chippers with a feed roller under two grand. I suggest going over to TBN and use the search function for "Jinma chipper". There is LOTS of reading there on them.

The one I am looking at is used. I am told it has 20-30 hrs on it. Hopefully he got the bugs out of it already. $1000? Seems fair? 7 hrs from home, but a good excuse to do a road trip with the dirtbikes and come home with a chipper.

I have a dealer an hour away from me that sells them around $1700 new. I think a thousand is a good deal........ i would pay that. Even if there are still a few bugs in it........ they are an easy fix, since its all been done before. ROAD TRIP !! :cheers:

Back