3120xp!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFM

jack of all trades...master of none
Reaction score
Hey all. I have had a bit of luck and acquired a clean 2004 3120xp. She has a green coil and no high side adjustment. I have done some reading on a few excelllent threads yet still have some questions. What year saw am I looking for to acquire a black coil? Am I assuming correctly that the green coils are limited at approx. 9k and the black are 12K? Is the port timing the same on EPA and Non EPA saws? Question for the carb.... did husky ever make an adjustable high side carb and if so what year(s)? Saw will be pulling a 4ft bar .404 chain 7 pin rim. Not looking to go crazy with the mods, just trying to wake it up a bit. If any one has any info regaurding this saw, especially what they have found that worked best for work saw mods, I would greatly apprecaite it.

get a 272 coil and install it on your saw for an unlimited coil. forget about finding an adjustable carb,just send yours in to be worked over.

272 coil retime fly. My stock and modded 3120 were done this way. Oh toss the key away. ;)

Think this is Ed's EHP pic to show.

Copyofindexphp.jpg

Without having a H side added to your 3120 carb. With unlimited coil mine was turning 13.1K out of wood. All my cutting was in warm weather. Soooooooo you know in cold it will go leaner.
The 2 guys I knew doing them H sides was getting $25-$30.

Here it would be easiest to just get Terry to do it.

thanks for the replies! looks like 272 coil is king..... what are the numbers that i would be looking for at the end say running 93 octane with oem comp. and ports and at what no load rpm? Which is another point... what is the safe rpm limit for these? I could probably figure it out usuing bore stroke rod angularity equation. I'll take readings tonight, hopefully, of my stock timing numbers, my otc timing light has thee advance feature to let me reel in the total advance. As far as carb goes I can probably mod. mine if need be. Is there a good thread to help in this endevour? Are all 272 coils non limited?

Hey Karl, much appreciate the info and part number:rock:
With that said, you wouldn't happen to have the part number to the non EPA carb would you?? :D

Amazing. Thanks again Karl, your the man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Think I will try the 272 coil with the oem non EPA carb with a mild muffler mod. Beermeatguns What's the limiter set at on the 394? Do you know the timing advance or is it set through out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back