Stihl 045 fuel tank removal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninky

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
How do you get it off? Pretty sure I have all the screws. Are there one or 2 along side the carb? What's the secret? Made a lot of progress. Tank is almost free except there is a rubber, almost solid whatever preventing it. Have no idea what its purpose, just want to know how to free it.

Also, will in the questioning mood, saw lost spark. I replaced the coil and condenser. Nothing. Went with that electronic conversion and nothing.

The new conversion has only the coil and some new doodad. I am lost how the coil can be triggered to fire.

Carb has to come off and remove the intake boot. If your saw is dirty, clean it up or bllow it off. There are some screws tucked in that you wont find easy. As for spark, the kil switch wire is notorious for wearing thru and shorting on the case in this body style of saw. The ignition modules ground on the case wherever you mount it and the positive wire connects to the coil. Thats it. Timing could be off if its points going to electronic. You will still have spark but it wont run right. Rotate flywheel a little. Threads on here for that.

image.jpg
There are 2 anti vibes tucked in behind. One below the carb boot and one behind the gas tank.

Latest posts

Back