.325 narrow kerf.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinghunter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use it for milling? I was thinking of using it on my ms660 42" bar.
The side plates seem a bit thinner and I wonder how it will hold up. In the eternal quest for more speed I want to go thinner and thinner... eventually I'll end up with a bandmill I guess.

hmmm.

seems I'm a bit dim. i see now that nk chain only comes in .050, guess that solves that little dilema.:monkey:

We use NK on Logosol mills here in Sweden with good result, also we use 660 heads with stihl 3/8 picco chain for milling :)

We use NK on Logosol mills here in Sweden with good result, also we use 660 heads with stihl 3/8 picco chain for milling :)

I have been milling with PMX and 63PM Picco chain, I bought an
Picco sprocket from Logosol for my Stihl 066, Do they sell a Picco
rim sprocket for 066 in your part of the world?

Gary

yes they do :)
It's mostly stihl's on the logosols here cause they are allot cheaper then husqvarna ,,

I have been milling with PMX and 63PM Picco chain, I bought an
Picco sprocket from Logosol for my Stihl 066, Do they sell a Picco
rim sprocket for 066 in your part of the world?

Gary

There was a thread on this in the chainsaw forum. Seems you can use some other stihl parts to get a rim on it but the bearing was not as HD as the 066 one, if I remember correctly.

I would think .325 chain would not have the lifespan when used for milling.As it would become useless after a few sharpenings.You would get bar bind alot quicker.

Latest posts

Back