335 xpt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawmart

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does any one now what the carb (hi and low) setting for the 335 xpt
My saw wont idle at all just dies.

Thanks
Play safe
Lawmart

The carb probably has limiter caps. If you don't know what you're doing, it might be best to have a saw mechanic take a look.
If your determined to try to fix her yourself, first check the saw over for problems. Completely blow it out, remove covers and blow some more, check impulse line and intake boot for air leaks, check fuel filter and tank vent, check fuel line, remove and disassemble carb looking at internal filter screen, operation of diaphram, fuel pump. Remove jets and gently blow out and inspect for problems. You may also want to check for air leaks at the main seals. Go to madsens.com and learn how to fine tune the saw.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I took the limiters off about 3 years ago, took the carb apart and cleaned all diaframs
thereis no leak on the inake manifold or it would be the opossite way and it would not rev down (idle to fast) i have 3- 335 and 2- 338 i now the saw quite well, I think the it is 1 and 5.5 but not to sure . but thanks for the input.

lawmart

Here you go.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
well three years ago when you cleaned the carb, it was clean.

well it's time again... probably low speed circuit is plugged.

Back