335xpt problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daveyclimber

daveyclimber

ArboristSite Operative
I have a problem with my 335 , sometimes it will run awsome and others it won't even start or is hard to start . Sometimes I have to feather the throttle to get it to run . Seems to run fine at 300ft but at 5000ft I am having the most problems . What is the best way to determine what is wrong with the saw , what common problems do 335's have . I have tried to lean the carb in the higher altitude but it does not help . This is an intermitant problem but a very serious one due to the fact I am a line clearance trimmer and it is not good for a saw to give you fits when topping a tree next to the lines .:(

treeclimber165

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Dennis talked about things like this when he modified a 335 recently. Due to EPA requirements, the saw has some major usability problems by design. Dennis can tell you better, but I think part of his modifications involved shaving the flywheel key to change the timing as well as port modifications.

(Insert obligatory Husky insult here)

rbtree

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
davey guy,

I too have a modified 335, and it solves all their running issues. I work in the low lands, so can't help with that issue. Ask Dennis!!

Mine is Walkerized, which, while not as good as Dennis's work, is half the price. http://www.walkerssawshop.com i think. Power gain is huge, too!

Latest posts