338xpt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fellintree said:
does anyone know of any modifications i can make to my 338xpt to make it grow some bigger nuts?

Take it your Stihl dealer and trade it in for a MS 200T, that should solve your problem :)

Sorry Husky folks, I could not resist on this one:hmm3grin2orange:

Muffler modifications really wake these saws up! Use the search feature, it will produce a lot of information.
Basically, open the hole in the exaust as big as you can so the screen still covers it, and richen up the carb. Make sure you can richen the carb.

Dadatwins said:
Take it your Stihl dealer and trade it in for a MS 200T, that should solve your problem :)

Sorry Husky folks, I could not resist on this one:hmm3grin2orange:

I knew that was coming before I finished reading the original post. But how true it is though. <sniff>

Besides that the MS200T doesn't have the crapola oiler that goes out after 6 months. Save your cash and get a 200T.

BigUglySquirrel said:
I knew that was coming before I finished reading the original post. But how true it is though. <sniff>

Besides that the MS200T doesn't have the crapola oiler that goes out after 6 months. Save your cash and get a 200T.

The oiler issue on the 33 series Huskys has been solved for years.

My muffer modded 335 Cali cuts about the same as my 200T with the screen removed. And starts and idles perfectly. I don't like my 338 as well, and it was fully woods modded. We've since found out that porting is a waste with these saws.....muffler mods is all they need to work just fine.

By the way the old 335 I got from Rich Hoffman in pieces is still working like a champ three years later, and is at least 10% faster than all my other climb saws, 200T included.

Back