3400 Poulan/8N Ford Colors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, heres something I thought was a little different. I use the old 8n in the woods all the time, and thought it would be fun to rebuild a 3400 and paint it to match the tractor. :) I know, the tractor needs to be painted now.
Ive owned the tractor for 11 years now, and its still not restored..lol maybe someday.

Gregg,

100_0189.jpg

100_0187.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0190.jpg

Well, heres something I thought was a little different. I use the old 8n in the woods all the time, and thought it would be fun to rebuild a 3400 and paint it to match the tractor. :) I know, the tractor needs to be painted now.
Ive owned the tractor for 11 years now, and its still not restored..lol maybe someday.

Gregg,

100_0189.jpg

100_0187.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0190.jpg

that's sexy!
The next one I do will be blue and white (go Leafs go!!!!)

That looks great! I love the color scheme. I'm kind of partial to the 3400 anyway; my dad had one when I was a kid.

Gregg,

100_0189.jpg

100_0187.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0190.jpg
Gregg that isn't the old Craftsman is it? Wow, looks great whether it is or n ot. What kind of paint did you use? Might do the same for one of my old 3400's.

Bob

Tractors and chainsaws,it doesn't get any better.The saw looks really good now,I've never really figured out Poulan's thinking when they chose the lime green color scheme.

Gregg that isn't the old Craftsman is it? Wow, looks great whether it is or n ot. What kind of paint did you use? Might do the same for one of my old 3400's.

Bob

Yes! Bob, Its the old Craftsman. And I thank you much:cheers:

I posted it over in the Poulan group also. The paint is just a rattle can job, Valspar Tractor Restoration, from Tractor Supply Co. If I ever get around to painting the tractor, I would use a gun and would mix hardner in the paint. Would hold up better I think. Maybe re-shoot the saw then too.:)
Its ammazing what a color change can do for a saw! I like the Poulan green, but some don't.

Gregg,

Be careful posting pictures of tractors in the CS forum....the forum police will be along shortly. WDO

Bob

Yes! Bob, Its the old Craftsman. And I thank you much:cheers:

I posted it over in the Poulan group also. The paint is just a rattle can job, Valspar Tractor Restoration, from Tractor Supply Co. If I ever get around to painting the tractor, I would use a gun and would mix hardner in the paint. Would hold up better I think. Maybe re-shoot the saw then too.:)
Its ammazing what a color change can do for a saw! I like the Poulan green, but some don't.

Gregg,

I always liked the poulan green. Best color I've ever seen on a saw!:greenchainsaw:

The tractor is a 1950, Something older than me! and probably better shape too. Its kinda sad that they don't make simple stuff that worked well anymore in the USA. Like old Ford tractors & Poulan chainsaws.:cry:

Gregg,

did ford make lawnmowers too ? the reason i ask that is i have some blades that says Ford on them

The tractor is a 1950, Something older than me! and probably better shape too. Its kinda sad that they don't make simple stuff that worked well anymore in the USA. Like old Ford tractors & Poulan chainsaws.:cry:

Gregg,

Now that does it I have to paint my 800 orange but then that would make my saws look old :cry: My saws are not pretty no more been worked harder than the tractor lol.

these blades must be old but they never been used

discolored but new never been used

what do you think i should do with the blades i have on hand i estimate about 100 in quantity

ohiogregg you have any idea ?

Those old lawn mowers were good I bet there are a few around still running maybe the e bay!

Sorry, I don't have a clue as to who made lawn mower/garden tractors for Ford. Probably was several companys over the years. My uncle had a blue one for years, it had a 12 horse Kohler engine I believe. I don't think Ford ever made em themselves.

Gregg,

Saw looks great, I wish my 8N looked that good. When I inherited my 8N I could stand on the hand crank and the motor wouldn’t even budge. Turns out someone had the wrong caps backwards on the wrong rods and a bunch of other things messed up. I finally have the engine all back together, now to just get the rest of the projects out of the way of the chain fall so I can get the tractor back together.

Back