345/350 carburetor help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JNap

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I bought a basket case husqvarna 345 and I decided to use it as a learning project. It had a walbro 159a with a stripped low side needle hole and I need to replace the whole carb. Since the 159a is not longer available I'm not sure which carb to use as there are 4 different options. I would like to keep it non EPA so I don't have to deal with the plastic limiters, etc. the only other variable is that I went with the 45mm cylinder kit on it. Should I keep with the stock listed carb? If so, which one? Or since its got the bigger cylinder should I switch to something listed for the 350?

Just remember that carb does not have the return nipple used with the NE's primer set-up. That carb is the C3 EL51 (which Randy can also get).

Since I don't have the primer set up it sounds like I should be using the C3-EL18B. Is there a difference between the C3-EL18B and the C3-EL18? If not, it has me curious since I found a C3-EL18 on the bay and the seller specifically wrote in their description that carb (C3-EL18) that it would not work on saws with the walbro....?

Is the randy you speak of randy Duncan of Randy's engine repair in Ohio?

Since I don't have the primer set up it sounds like I should be using the C3-EL18B. Is there a difference between the C3-EL18B and the C3-EL18? If not, it has me curious since I found a C3-EL18 on the bay and the seller specifically wrote in their description that carb (C3-EL18) that it would not work on saws with the walbro....?

Is the randy you speak of randy Duncan of Randy's engine repair in Ohio?

Should be the same carb.

Bringing this one back to life as I have a similar question. I have a 91 and a 99 346xp that both need new carbs. I can get the 18B for them, but was wondering if there are any other carbs that also would work for these saws? What about the Zama EL32?

Back